• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71-72 Rear Quarter Windows

AZRC

Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
Curious if the 71-72 Plymouth Satellite/RR Rear Quarter windows that are fixed can be replaced with the ones that roll up/down. Is this an easy conversion (all bolt in) if possible? Anyone have details on the conversion?

Thanks

If you have everything from a donor car you can, I did this to my 72.

All bolt up? Or did you have to do any welding or cutting?

Would you believe I'm doing the very same tonight ? I have a 73 RR with fixed windows and a 73 Satellite donor with "working" rear quarters. I just finished removing drivers side, all but the glass itself, lost my light and time fer dinner. Anyway, will work on it this week - I have to say, I've done one other A body swap and these things kick my butt. Only 6-8 bolts, but the mechanism itself has to come apart to be removed and comes out in "pieces". I haven't figured out how to get the glass itself out of the quarter yet, but got everything else out. You will obviously need to cut the holes in the rear panels for the crank as well. I could really use a diagram of this assembly if anyone can help - took some photos and have the passenger side available to look at. Any tips greatly appreciated .....

It all bolted in, no welding.

Got 'er done ..... not too bad (easier than my Dart was, for sure).

Auto Transport Service
Back