• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71-'72 Wheel molding

I can not comment on the rims themselves but there has been only one thing I have bought with the OER branding that hasn't been messed up in some way and that was the antenna bezel. Not to go on a rant since this is about rims but in my opinion, the quality and customer service from OER is severely lacking. I bought all of the following items through Classic and they have been great (didn't even charge me return shipping) but they all had issues:

- OER radiator for Mopar small block - missing paint on the fins and the top black paint broken off in many places
- Outer door handles - chrome is cheaply done and can see imperfections within it
- Bullet mirrors. Mirrors fit the car (bigger overall base than OEM though) but they do not have the correct screws and include hard plastic gaskets that do not fit the mirrors themselves. I contacted OER about the defects with pictures and their response was, "It's definitely too small but we don't manufacture these so there is nothing I can do." There is another set of soft gaskets on Classic that you can try for $24.99. I put a call in to the manufacture to let them know though."

All that to say that if you invest in these, I would not be shocked if you did not like the quality.

I'm talking about the wheel well moldings around the wheel wells.

I got a set of Classic's door handles and I returned them. They had metric studs and nuts holding them in the door. The passenger side broke after opening the door 2 times :( The passenger side was the only one I installed. So I polished my originals up and re-installed them

HAHA, I feel like an idiot for not reading carefully. I actually bought these as well and they are pretty good. again, not perfect but it does beat trying to find a set of used ones and overall you can't see the imperfections. When I get home tonight, I will take detailed pictures of each fender so you can have a better picture of how they look installed close up.

I put a set on my ‘71. They worked out o.k. I clamped them on with padded vice grips to mark factory holes.Had to add a extra screw ina couple places to hold them tight to the opening.Over all turned out pretty good. Yes I would buy them again. POPS

Hey Pops, did you take the tires off? I guess you did if you had to make new holes. Did you get a screw kit for them? I think mine is suppose to have them on but can't remember

Yes tires off. My car came with moldings but were long gone.I tried to use all the original body holes,but had to add a few. I bought the screws with the wax sealer on them,got them on e bay. TAKE YOUR TIME !!! POPS

Thanks Pops.

Thanks Pops.
I wonder if these are the same ones Layson's had made yrs back. A few screw holes didn't line up properly. I thought for the money they should be correct but like most parts made, "good enough" has to do if you don't have originals.

If I go this route, it wouldn't hurt to get them and trial fit them. I can't remember if there are holes in the wheel well or not. Not sure if it was normal to have these holes/provisions for them from factory. Anyone know?

If I go this route, it wouldn't hurt to get them and trial fit them. I can't remember if there are holes in the wheel well or not. Not sure if it was normal to have these holes/provisions for them from factory. Anyone know?
As far as I know these hole were in from the factory. They weren't dealer installed.

I wonder if these are the same ones Layson's had made yrs back. A few screw holes didn't line up properly. I thought for the money they should be correct but like most parts made, "good enough" has to do if you don't have originals.
Are the new ones stainless or aluminum? The old laysons repops were aluminum. They dinged up easily.

Probably aluminum

Auto Transport Service
Back