• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 & 72 windshield pillars

Grabbergreendream

Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
The lower windshield pillars need replaced or patched on my 71 Satellite. A common area for rust, I have found. My car originally had a vinyl top & sat outside for quite a few years under a tree to add to the corrosion...
I see these listed for E bodies & they look similar. Anyone ever used these to fix their B body that can tell me if they will work, directly replace, or are completely different?
I have the cowl & firewall removed from the car & need some help deciding my best way to fix these corners so I canvprocede. I can patch with sheetmetal but these E body pieces would eliminate my hesitation.
Any help ot suggestion's would be appreciated.

If you cannot find new ones I have a shell I'm parting out and it has rust free pillars.

Roof skin has been cut since this picture and I'm willing to cut out the pillar sections.

zdcrtybuzotn086t0myu79.jpg

I see these listed for E bodies & they look similar. Anyone ever used these to fix their B body that can tell me if they will work, directly replace, or are completely different?

Windshield is the same width on bottom but as far I recall slightly smaller on top, so makes a diff angle for the pillar. This happens even with 4 doors B bodies where not jus the angle with windshield but with doors.

Auto Transport Service
Back