• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71-'74 Patch Panels

DZefyr

Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys. I am in need of the quarter patch panels for my '74 Roadrunner as she was a Bondo queen from the previous owner and I am trying to do it right this time. I have looked online for weeks with no luck in my search. I really only need the lower portions of each side as I have everything else under control. Are there any manufacturers that still produce the panels or am I S.O.L. until I find a donor body or something?

Start a parts wanted thread. That will cover new or used pieces.

AMD had a blowout sale for one side (I forget which) a year or two ago that a lot of us here took advantage of.
The Toolmans' advice for a ISO ad is the way to go.

Did AMD ever make the "full" patch or full panel?

I know they made a patch from 12 o'clock center of the wheel well to the bumper.

I've heard a 72-80 truck fender wheel arch can be used.

I have both a 1980 truck and a 73 Satellite.

It looks awful close.

Not sure if AMD did. There were some stampings for fulls in the early 1990s, not the best quality. Auto body Specialties also had and offered full quarters. Can't speak to those.
No idea on truck bed arch.

On my car, my body guy just fabbed whatever he needed. He scoffed at the poor stamping one I had. On another car, I got some "rust free" fulls from 'carolina... Yes they rust free. But they weren't dent free or Bondo free or even free for that matter!

Auto Transport Service
Back