• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 air grabber

mopar jack

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:51 AM
Reaction score
Looking for an air grabber base plate for a 440/4 in a 71 Road runner. I am restoring my road runner and pulled the 383 for a later rebuild and replaced with my spare 440. The air grabber is all stock and I don't want to cut up the stock base plate so what are my options.

Not to many options. I would not cut the 383 one for sure... So you can Buy a 340/440 base plate or get a fiberglass one to use... I bought this fiberglass one a few years ago when a guy did what you did and no longer needed it but it was modified it.. I asked if he would separate the original steel lid and he said no you have the whole thing for $25... Kind of rude but functional and I really only wanted the lid..

IMG_1726.JPG IMG_1727.JPG IMG_1729.JPG

I got the lid, couldn't stand the original pie tin. The four barrel lid has the best graphic by far.

20200729_193802.jpg

Ok that is a 69 set-up not a 70-2...
You are correct the lid is 69 but the base is my original 71 383 with a slight mod of two studs to mount the lid. I will need a 440 base to fit under the hood.

Auto Transport Service
Back