• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 B-Body Buddy seat

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:50 AM
Reaction score
'71 RR, bucket seats, buddy seat. Did the buddy seat have seat belts or was it three in the back? It doesn't seem that if you have a lap belt for the seat, a shoulder belt, AND a buddy seat that there would be 3 total to the anchor point in the floor (RIGHT side, towards the hump if sitting in the driver's seat). It would have to be a long bolt with a large washer to be able to pivot the belts there.

Thanks

The 74 buddy seat car I had did have a lap belt for the front center.
No shoulder belt.

Thanks. I have shoulder and lap. I'm at odds with this. The manual was/is kind of confusing

Buddy seat seatbelts set would be pretty much the same than bench car setup

Buddy seat seatbelts set would be pretty much the same than bench car setup
So you're saying the buddy seat had a belt? Was there 3 for the back seat too?

Buddy seat got lap belt only, just like bench cars. Shoulder belt were just for outer front seats ( either buckets or bench )

Rear bench got 3 laps belts only. With diff setups allong the years. This was furtherly exposed and discussed on previous threads.

For rear:
Manually adjustable on 71 being the adjustable belt for the females, just like earlier cars.

Outer retractors with male end on 72/74 but center changed to be manually adjustable on male belt.

On front:

Pretty much the same than rear on 71 for the center seat ( bench or buddy seat ) but outers LAP belts on male ends with retractors. Shoulder manually adjustable. Each ( shoulder and lap ) got its own buckle ( female ) on center provision.

72/73: single female receptacle on center for outer retractors. Shoulder belt ( manually adjustable ) got a special terminal to be attached to a provision at the male end of the lap belt.

74: double retractor ( lap and shoulder) on outer belts attached to a single male end to be attached on to a single female end on center.

All 72/74 center seat ( buddy and bench ) still manually adjustable male end to a fixed female end juts like rear center.

Last edited:
Then also 72/73 and 74 got diff setups for the seats and belts sensors for the seatbelts interlocking/warning system

Thanks. I have shoulder and lap. I'm at odds with this. The manual was/is kind of confusing

You have a shoulder belt for the center position?

No. I have a lap belt for the two buckets AND a shoulder as well, along with a buddy seat

Shoulder and lap belt for the buckets and not to forget the buddy seat too

bench... same for buddy seats. You can see 3 females on the middle/right. 2 for passenger occupant lap and shoulder ( shorter ones )... one for the middle position lap... the longer one, which fastens just like rears.

same for buddy seats

71+butterscotch+super+bee+interior+-+dash.jpg

is hard to find buddy seats interior pics showing the seatbelts

althought this one shows the female end for center seat on driver side ( and many others too )

eded1f47b10075b638a840b6686a46bc.jpg

AND FINALLY... a Buddy seat car showing the center seat belts... also female on driver side, male on passenger side just like the previous bench car pic.

sc0516-243392_5.jpg

Thanks Nacho! That helps a lot!

Auto Transport Service
Back