• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 71 Charger For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusty knuckles

Local time
7:14 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm tentatively offering up my 71 for sale as I have my eye on another car that I want. If that deal falls through I will be withdrawing the ad.

This is a car I fixed up in the early 2000's. I personally did 100% of the work so I can be open and honest about both the good and the bad. How this car came to be was I bought a rusty running and driving 71 and hunted for parts. Wound up finding a car in a junkyard that was better rust wise than what I had so I took the drivetrain from the rusty one and put it in the more solid one. Because of that it has a title that's noted as "rebuilt" and it has a unique vin supplied from the state. Not a tag job and all legal.

It is a just a 318 car with a column shift auto and 8.25 rear end, and manual drum brakes. What is kinda cool is that it is reasonably factory appearing. It hasn't had a bunch of cheap performance crap added and is more or less as mopar built it. It's a factory AC car. The color is Plymouth Prowler purple and really pops in the sun. The interior has been redone in black with legendary interiors components.

The car has been quite reliable and I actually used it as a daily driver for a summer after I fixed it up. The paint job is 20/20. It looks ok but a young me left quite a bit on the table when I did the car. A good block sand and re-shoot would straighten it up I think and have intentions of doing so if I hang onto the car. Also for that reason I have all the trim off the car. I have it all minus 1 rocker moulding and it's in good shape, just needs put back on. Or just cruise it as is as thats what I've been doing. The whole car was sand blasted to bare metal and then epoxy primed before starting any work. I cut out any rust I found and put patches in so it's a rust free car. The rust it had was very minor. The bad on the body is that it was in the junkyard for a reason. It was in a light collision it looks like in the right rear so that quarter has had a lot of massaging. You can see and feel it from inside the trunk. The front right fender was also missing and so it has a fiberglass one now. I do have a rusty metal fender but it was going to be more than I could tackle.

My pics are awful thanks to my old phone but I can take new ones for anyone interested. Car is just a little dusty now from being in the garage for winter. Car is located near Sturgis SD.
I'm asking $16k but I'm open to discussion. I don't really know what a fair value is.

20200509_155805.jpg
20200509_155745.jpg
20200509_155734.jpg
20200509_155824.jpg
20200509_155837.jpg
20200509_155901.jpg
20200509_155913.jpg
Snapchat-850999773.jpg
20220131_160708.jpg 20220131_160617.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if you wouldnt mind can you post some pics of the underbody of the car ? like differential, chassis, et. Pls and thank you!!!

Also, what would be good is a video of it running, and with a walk around (engine running view too). Thanks!

I'm tentatively offering up my 71 for sale as I have my eye on another car that I want. If that deal falls through I will be withdrawing the ad.

This is a car I fixed up in the early 2000's. I personally did 100% of the work so I can be open and honest about both the good and the bad. How this car came to be was I bought a rusty running and driving 71 and hunted for parts. Wound up finding a car in a junkyard that was better rust wise than what I had so I took the drivetrain from the rusty one and put it in the more solid one. Because of that it has a title that's noted as "rebuilt" and it has a unique vin supplied from the state. Not a tag job and all legal.

It is a just a 318 car with a column shift auto and 8.25 rear end, and manual drum brakes. What is kinda cool is that it is reasonably factory appearing. It hasn't had a bunch of cheap performance crap added and is more or less as mopar built it. It's a factory AC car. The color is Plymouth Prowler purple and really pops in the sun. The interior has been redone in black with legendary interiors components.

The car has been quite reliable and I actually used it as a daily driver for a summer after I fixed it up. The paint job is 20/20. It looks ok but a young me left quite a bit on the table when I did the car. A good block sand and re-shoot would straighten it up I think and have intentions of doing so if I hang onto the car. Also for that reason I have all the trim off the car. I have it all minus 1 rocker moulding and it's in good shape, just needs put back on. Or just cruise it as is as thats what I've been doing. The whole car was sand blasted to bare metal and then epoxy primed before starting any work. I cut out any rust I found and put patches in so it's a rust free car. The rust it had was very minor. The bad on the body is that it was in the junkyard for a reason. It was in a light collision it looks like in the right rear so that quarter has had a lot of massaging. You can see and feel it from inside the trunk. The front right fender was also missing and so it has a fiberglass one now. I do have a rusty metal fender but it was going to be more than I could tackle.

My pics are awful thanks to my old phone but I can take new ones for anyone interested. Car is just a little dusty now from being in the garage for winter. Car is located near Sturgis SD.
I'm asking $16k but I'm open to discussion. I don't really know what a fair value is.

View attachment 1233598 View attachment 1233601 View attachment 1233602 View attachment 1233603 View attachment 1233605 View attachment 1233606 View attachment 1233607 View attachment 1233611 View attachment 1233768 View attachment 1233769

Can I ask you what size building is that you have to hold all those cars? Looks to be nice size. I have alot of cars myself and just wondering what size you have as I am looking in future to have something built like you have for my cars. Is that a 3 bay building?

Best I can do for undercarriage pics without getting it way up on a jack. I will try to get video this weekend.

Can I ask you what size building is that you have to hold all those cars? Looks to be nice size. I have alot of cars myself and just wondering what size you have as I am looking in future to have something built like you have for my cars. Is that a 3 bay building?

It's 40x54 with 4 bays plus a little extra width on each end. I should have made it 48x54 because there isnt as much room as I would have preferred when I stick the cars in nose to tail. Then of course add tools, benches, shelves, yard stuff, and all of a sudden my plenty big garage needed to be bigger. 3 of my garage doors are 9ft wide and the 4th is 10ft for my big pickup.

20220203_164246.jpg 20220203_164241.jpg 20220203_164206.jpg 20220203_164159.jpg 20220203_164137.jpg

Video as requested. Idle is a bit high as it's not fully warmed up. Banging is me bumping into some junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back