• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Charger R/T LED panels

billrabe

Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
I contacted Digitails, a company that makes taillight digital led panels for classic cars to see if they plan on making panels and this was their response. I am hoping others will request them to consider making panels for the R/T tail lights. I would be willing to let them use my R/T tail lights for the design process.

Dear William,

Thank you for your interest in DIGI-TAILS Digital Taillights for your car.
We are constantly developing new lights based on the requests we receive
from customers. We have added you to our list of customers interested in LED
taillights for your car and we contact you when we begin the development
process.

Feel free to let anyone else you know with the same car to contact us if
they are also interested. The more requests we get the more we'll prioritize
developing lights for your car.

We can also do custom one-off lights if you are looking for a one-of-a-kind
solution. Beware, this also comes with a one-of-a-kind pricetag. Contact us
for more details.

If you don't want to wait the other option is to send your lights to us and
we can see if we can modify one of our existing taillight panels to fit
inside your housing. If so the cost will be very close to whatever light we
used to make your light.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,
Matt
DIGI-TAILS Digital Taillights
856-719-9989
www.DIGI-TAILS.com

What is the opinion on their products? Anyone have them ? I've been eyeballing some rears for a 70.

I want sequential circuitry for 73/74 Charger lights.

The design is just begging for it.

I haven't used their product but their demonstration video is nice. I like the closely spaced surface mount LEDs that fill the bezel and have sequential ability. Agreed that the 73 and 74 would look good with these also.

I love there lights there not cheap I've had a few different ones 79 trans am ,70 charger then an old mustang . I would deff buy for my 72 and 74 chargers if they come out with them

Bought these for my '71. And then, use LED bulbs with a resister to make the flasher think they are regular bulbs.

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/

Specifically STS-2S kit.
Sequential Turn Signals
Last one on the bottom, silver car or truck

If you have two turn signal filaments on each side of your vehicle, you can add these cool sequencers and really indicate your intentions.

The STS-2S Sequencer Modules are specially designed to work on cars with separate two-filament turn signal fixtures. Will operate on front OR rear lamps.

These modules feature sophisticated electronics that automatically adjust the sequencing speed to match the turn signal flasher in your car. While other products offer you fixed timing or complicated manual adjustments, our modules sense your car's flasher speed and adjust the sequence timing for you. Want more separation between individual lamps? Just put in a slower flasher!

3 years later, and they are still using the same generic reply! I see they did make the 73-74.
I just received the same reply about 71 R/T tails.
I can’t imagine the effort would be much more for 71 R/T or 72 lights. Is there a difference between the 72 Housings and the 73-74?

3 years later, and they are still using the same generic reply! I see they did make the 73-74.
I just received the same reply about 71 R/T tails.
I can’t imagine the effort would be much more for 71 R/T or 72 lights. Is there a difference between the 72 Housings and the 73-74?

There's a few difference s the overall size is the same but light placement is going to be different!

As for light placement, it would be nice to compare the different housings. I have a pair of regular 72 housings I can get a picture of next week. Does anyone have a picture of the R/T housings and 73-74 housings?

.....Does anyone have a picture of the R/T housings and 73-74 housings?

Here's the 73/74 housings.....

IMG_3204.JPG IMG_3213.JPG IMG_3206.JPG IMG_3215.JPG

This is the 72. I’ll get them out of the bumper when I get done moving my shop. I think the R/T lights must have the 4th bulb position used.

38C012C0-0F77-4D7D-884B-D3523E413F5C.jpeg
51BB4A19-DE39-4EA3-B2A2-5ED3608099B3.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back