71 Charger trunk floor replacement

General Mopar Tech Discussions

1. PeteyDaMan

PeteyDaMan Active Member

Local Time:
    2:57 PM
    I need to replace my trunk floor. I bought a full panel from AMD. The new piece looks like it needs to go under these braces for the bumpers. Has anyone replaced their floor without removing them or should I just go ahead and try to cut all the spot welds and take them out?

charger2.jpg charger1.jpgView attachment 905634View attachment 905635

2. Dodge33

Dodge33 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    2:57 PM
    I would remove them for a much easier installation, and much better looking install. Just get some 80 grit sandpaper, and start looking for the the spot welds. Most are on the rearward side (bumper side). I have removed these brace/brackets before.. and can say the easiest way to remove the welds on the trunk floor, is use a small hand held cut off saw, air powered, and I used a 3" 3M 1/32" thin wheel, to grind the welds, staying as close to the trunk floor, so to minimize cutting into the brace. I have done this more than a few times, so don't be in a huge hurry, because they will not fall out in 5 or 10 minutes. There are possible spot welds on the inside trunk floor also. Good luck with your project. @Dodge33

3. Rusty 72

Rusty 72 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:57 PM
    I recently had to do some repair work and the Blair spot weld cutter is excellent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.