• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 GTX grill

NorthBound

Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
I Took apart my front grill to make a couple repairs and see if I could strip the black paint off. The grill on mine was removed… a few times …it seems.

anyone know what was used originally to mount ?
pictures, length, sizes ?
Also looking for a proper replacement emblem if anyone knows the correct one ! Or where to source.

Also the 71 GTX grill should be molded in black and only the silver is painted on. People did paint them over the years.

Are the grill to head lamp bezel interlocking tabs still there on the grill,if not find one with them & restore that one.

Yes they are ,but quite a few fins missing …decisions
I would buy a new center section as they are plentiful as EVERY 71 Plymouth b-body 2dr had that and so did the 72's unless it was a Road Runner. Only difference is the paint scheme and if they were molded in black or silver..

From what I found only in 71 the grills where black molded plastic to start & had the flat horizontal section painted for the RR/GTX & Satellite Sebring, or they where completely painted silver for Satellites,some time in either late 71 or started in 72 the grills where molded in a gray plastic because the grills in 72 where all painted silver,I found only one NOS grill of the 3 or 4 that I have bought is molded black plastic under the silver paint,Im going to remove the silver paint to get down to the black plastic & respray the horizontal section argent,then Ill have an almost NOS RR/GTX grill to match the NOS head light bezels I have,could never find an NOS 71 RR/GTX grill the correct color scheme.

From what I found only in 71 the grills where black molded plastic to start & had the flat horizontal section painted for the RR/GTX & Satellite Sebring, or they where completely painted silver for Satellites,some time in either late 71 or started in 72 the grills where molded in a gray plastic because the grills in 72 where all painted silver,I found only one NOS grill of the 3 or 4 that I have bought is molded black plastic under the silver paint,Im going to remove the silver paint to get down to the black plastic & respray the horizontal section argent,then Ill have an almost NOS RR/GTX grill to match the NOS head light bezels I have,could never find an NOS 71 RR/GTX grill the correct color scheme.
great to know , thanks for the input.

Auto Transport Service
Back