• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 GTX Heater Box Question

gary h

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am doing some clean-up on my heater box and was wondering if a piece is missing,(Pass.side upper corner) see pic. It's a '71 GTX W/O AC and No Strato vent if that matters.
Thanks in Advance.

PICT0038.JPG PICT0039.JPG

Should look more like this. That edge always seemed to get kicked and broken. Yours is pretty extreme. They reproduce that half of the housing.

20160405_073954.jpg

I got the heater box out and I see the damage now on the bottom.So there is nothing missing from the front opening ? The vent door is exposed ? Anyone have a picture of a good installed heater box? Thanks

PTDC0004.JPG PTDC0003.JPG

That hole looks like it was intentionally punched in there for some reason.

OT question;

Is there any major difference between the 71-74 boxes (specifically AC ones)?

I know that in 73 they changes how the cables attach to the box on non a/c boxes so 71-2 are different than 73-4 boxes in that manor. I think a/c boxes are pretty much the same for 71-4 with probably some minor changes. The a/c boxes are the same as E body but the non a/c boxes are not. 70 E and early 71 B/E a/c boxes have some different actuators than late 71-72 boxes but would probably interchange.

Auto Transport Service
Back