• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 GTX side stripe

moparchris

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have the factory assembly line drawing that shows the location of the side stripe on a 71 GTX? This is the pin stripe that is down by the body sculpture line.
Thanks!

Bump!!
Anyone have an original that they can measure how far above the body line the stripe is placed??

I have the engineering drawings but will need some time to dig them out and scan what you need

That sounds great. Thanks so much!!

Mine appears to be hand-applied tape (Maybe during repaint?). It varies slightly from .75 to 1 inch. Hard to tell without a ruler/tape, but it looks best at the lower number - .75. My guess is that the drawings/assy manual will read close to that.

You can look at my link on this site for a side view pic here -

Brad's 1971 GTX | For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum

Brad

Last edited:
The original stripes were painted. Here is the engineering document.

71 GTX body side stripe.jpg

I did a 71 gtx for my uncle. I did some investigating and found out that that side stripe was dealier installed. It was painted on not vinyl

008.JPG

the body side pinstripe was factory painted and was standard on all 71 GTXs. it was coded on the fender tag, available in 3 colors: black, white, and gold.

Example of the stripe on an original paint car...yes the factory work was a bit crude

IMG_7247.jpg

Also came on 71 Satellite Sebring Plus also... I have an original paint B-5 blue with white painted stripes and a canopy white top...

Thanks. Mine is an FC7 car with the V7W stripe.

Does anyone have the factory assembly line drawing that shows the location of the side stripe on a 71 GTX? This is the pin stripe that is down by the body sculpture line.
Thanks!
Equal width distance of pin stripe from body line.

Good Info on this thread ! Thanks for sharing.

Auto Transport Service
Back