• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Plum Crazy Super Bee Whereabouts?

6PK2GOBEE

Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
71 Plum Crazy Super Bee Whereabouts? Does anyone know what became of this car which was located just outside of Baldwinsville NY.
383, Auto column shift, black vinyl top.

0EE93ED0-ABB9-449A-86F7-A385C239BDAA.jpeg

9129B23B-2AF2-4137-B683-D8AB1375D47F.jpeg

I bought my 71 Charger R/T 440 4 speed car off a guy who lived in the North west corner of Connecticut near the New York state line and he had a similar looking purple Super Bee in his garage. The paint looked like that, but I don't remember the front end looking like that. He may have done some repair work to the cars structure. I saw it as it was getting dark out. It was out in the middle of nowhere! North Canaan?

I bought my 71 Charger R/T 440 4 speed car off a guy who lived in the North west corner of Connecticut near the New York state line and he had a similar looking purple Super Bee in his garage. The paint looked like that, but I don't remember the front end looking like that. He may have done some repair work to the cars structure. I saw it as it was getting dark out. It was out in the middle of nowhere! North Canaan?
Could be it? Those photos I posted of it are in a high school buddies yard. His mother bought it for him in ‘78 as a graduation present. He wasn’t a car guy and didn’t know Charger/Super Bee were any different(until I told him).
It was a nice car and I came within a day of owning it back in ‘80 for $650 but he backed out at the last minute for sentimental reasons.
He always told me his cousin down the road wanted 1st dibs at it.
He drove it year round, but right after he got it, it was as nice as the one in this photo!

3BDF4508-1589-48BD-B331-4A5D66B774FB.jpeg

Last edited:
The guy who had a similar looking purple Super Bee, his name is Doug and he went by the screen name moparwacko on Moparts. I bought the Charger R/T roller from him probably 6 or 7 years ago.

20200807_182410.jpg

Thanks! I’ll have to try to locate him.
Nice body style for sure. When I first got into mopars I dabbled parts with a guy that drag raced a ‘71 Charger full on drag car.
As I recall he was in the 9’s with it running a built 426 max wedge short base 2-4bbl
That ‘71 Bee my high school buddy had to me was just about perfect with the plum crazy, black vinyl top, and 383/auto column shift, black interior.
Two nights before I was to buy it he had a “going away party”(I wasn’t there)and when I went there the next morning the road in front of his house was plastered with about 20 burnouts and in his own plastered state when he went to park it he slid off the edge of his driveway and bashed the front 1/4 panel on a tree.
He was apologetic and thought I wouldn’t still want it.
I told him I still did and asked him not to drive it anymore, but by the following day he had changed his mind and decided to keep it.

I went to mopars and did a search for moparwacko and it came up blank

Must be a mistake, no disagreement here. This tablet is sensitive, it probably did it unintentionally.

Must be a mistake, no disagreement here. This tablet is sensitive, it probably did it unintentionally.
I thought maybe it was that, it didn’t make sense since we were having some good banter back and forth.
I think you can undo that the way the thread options are set up...

Auto Transport Service
Back