• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 Road Runner Air Grabber Plumbing Routing and Wiring

6MC289

Local time
11:51 PM
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am new to the site but have been a Road Runner owner and enthusiast (Gens 1&2) for 40+ years. I recently purchased a '71 bird with an air grabber system. The system is functional, but a former owner installed it to operate when the ignition is turned on and not via the factory under dash switch. Most of the parts are in place except for the switch and wiring. Forgive me if this topic has been covered before, but is there somewhere on the site or the Web where I can reference a wiring diagram for the switch, routing for the vacuum hoses, etc.? In other words, a complete set of installation instructions and photos for this year of air grabber. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The only wiring involved is the solenoid wire, connects to the accessory 3-way tap in the dash harness. The orange lead from the switch lamp connects to the dash illumination 3-way tap.
Air grabber.jpg

Many thanks for the reply and detailed information.

Auto Transport Service
Back