• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 Roadrunner arch modification

71RRGtX

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently rebuilding a 71 RR.

Has anyone modified the wheel arches to make the arch round, rather than the keeping them square/flat at the top? When i say round i mean making the arch round like you get on most cars.

Thanks

Adam

Why would you want to do that? The body line matches the wheel opening. A round opening would really be odd.

Buy a Charger if you want round openings. Roadrunners aren't growing on trees, don't ruin it...Just my opinion.

When I installed a wider 8 3/4 rear end from a '70 Challenger into my '65 Valiant four-door I flared the rear wheel wells. I only paid $125.00 for the vehicle in 1973, so had nothing to lose. (first foto is what it would have looked like before modification)

1965-Plymouth-Valiant-american-classics--Car-101055138-6b90272b0c5f3d006bd968bc31f58f50.jpg 65 Valiant2.jpg 65 Valiant3.jpeg

I'm not sure you could do that even on a charger. The outer wheelhouse would have fo be heavily modified as well & it would take a lot of effort to make it look good even from the outside. And trust me, any b body fan is going to notice & peek up & in there to see...

i guess it would look something like this... (didn't want to spend too long to blend it in) ... just wanted to visualize it better. :)
71-roadrunner.jpg

Last edited:
Lol that would look ridiculous...but everyone likes what they like.

Thanks for the opinions gents, duely noted and self chastised. Will leave as is!

Thanks for the opinions gents, duely noted and self chastised. Will leave as is!

I don't like it, 90% of the people on here will cringe. But it's your car, after looking at it, if you like it then i say go for it! life is short brother. Besides your great grand kids 200 years from now can pass it off as a 1 of 1 experimental model and sell it for a few trillion... :) lol

Imho mate leave well ( pun intended) alone ... standard arches help accent the cars gorgeous shape and define the model / year ... and as the man said .. if it's good enough for Richard petty its defo enough for me
Your choice mate and fair play each to their own

Reminds me of the A12 that got tubbed on Fantomworks. OMG. I stray a lot with new technology, but some things just punch my gut. 50 years ago, guys with a lot more Vision than me came up with these beauties. With Clay.

Auto Transport Service
Back