• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 RR trunk weather strip

Ms.Sully

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am working on the trim for my 71 RR and there is no stripping on the trunk. Can someone please post a pic of what this should look like on the car so I can make sure I orient the stripping correctly. I have attached a picture of what I am working with.

16834886300641720005224983039878.jpg

I'm sorry to say but I don't think you want to use that one. I bought mine from Classic Industries and it looked like that. Spent all the time to seal it and then my trunk would not close. I had to remove it all plus the sealer and discard. I bought one from Detroit Technologies and it worked perfectly on my 71 GTX.

0324221525a.jpg

I agree with Z-Man, my 71RR trunk seal looks to be made solid of a sponge-type rubber and has a “Y” shape to it. See attached pics. My seal has a part number on it and may be a Chrysler original or replacement. Most likely the seal you are planning to use will result in trunk lid closing difficulty.

Below is the Detroit Muscle Technologies link to the seal.
Regards,
Ron

Mopar A B E Body 62-76 Trunk Weatherstrip 18ft - "Y" profile, SOFT DMT Brand

image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

My seal looks like the pic above. When I installed it 8-10 years ago, I remember that it was very hard to close the trunk. After a couple months it worked well. Very easy to close after that now the seal still in very good shape.

Auto Transport Service
Back