• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 RT /SB Hood Decal

JG71B

Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
So my hood decal from Dale's Cuda Shop arrived yesterday. I have a SB hood with the insert. I ordered a blackout with no logo (its an SE). All looks good. My question is....who has installed one of these having the RT/SB hood inserts? How did you cut the hole for the insert and how much did you trim to be able to get the decal to lay down into the recessed edge where the insert lays? I'm comfortable putting the decal on in general. I'm just looking for the best/correct method for trimming it to fit down in the recessed edge. Thanks all!
20221006_193546.jpg
20221007_133946.jpg

Near the bottom of this page is how I did it, though I have the Ramcharger insert. Good luck with yours.
CDN72SE's Restoration
Looks good. Thanks for the link. It gave me a few ideas. I have a much larger hole to work with and am going to do a bunch of measuring with it taped in place. Don't know why I didn't think to rough cut it first. Thanks again!

Auto Transport Service
Back