• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 Seat belts

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:09 PM
Reaction score
I just got a "new" refurbished seat belt set for my '71/with bucket seats/ AND "Buddy" seat. Does anyone have pictures or know where all the belts go to or can help me out with this? I didn't take pictures of where they all go and now it's kicking me in the A**. I was hoping to get a good start or get them ALL in tomorrow. Any help is appreciated!

THANKS!

Attached is some pictures I took of the new set. I have 3 sets of different length anchor bolts. All pictured are belts that were together,in the same bag (many zip lock bags).

20181005_140518.jpg 20181005_140545.jpg 20181005_140555.jpg 20181005_140619.jpg 20181005_140715.jpg 20181005_140903.jpg

Not sure what buddy seat is. Unless you're talking about the middle front. I don't have buckets in my Satty and I didn't install the middle seat belts, or the rear seat belts for that matter. but as I remember, the ones with the plastic supports went on the outside next to the panels
Looks like you have 10 bolts, the same as what I have. I would guess that the two by themselves would be shoulder belt bolts.
DSCN4462.JPG DSCN4464.JPG

Last edited:
I appreciate it wahya. Yes, the "buddy seat" is the same as your middle in the front except it is by itself. That sits in the middle with my buckets on either side. Yes, the really long ones go up on either side for shoulder. Do you remember where that belt in the second picture connects/goes?

Attached picture is what goes in the back on the floor on either side of the "corner" of the floor (?)

20181005_140903.jpg

I'm pretty sure there were three sets front and back. I only have one of those and it should go on either side of the hump on the opposite side as the buckle part for the rear middle passenger. I think I ditched the front one (nasty). Yeah the retracted ones are for the floor in back of front seat (outside)
Seat belts all over the place. Back in the day, I don't think I had the shoulder belts on very much as they are a pita to use.

Do you have a picture of the rear seat?

First picture has 2 sets of buckles/receptacles sewn together. My original ones had these together and on one, had a extra single buckle ALL together in a plastic sleeve . The other one had 2 buckles sewn together and a male as a single ALL together. I think these go on either side of the tranny hump, on the inboard side of my bucket seats.

Second picture not sure where these go.

Third- Rear middle, mounting on the hump for the rear end?

Thanks

20181005_140619.jpg 20181007_092735.jpg 20181007_092750.jpg

Ok, I just stuck these in where I think they should
DSCN4465.JPG
go. Plastic molded on outside of seats (male). One male end and one buckle on driver side (or passenger side, whichever you prefer) Opposite side of center gets two buckles and outside, between panel and seat, goes the molded plastic. Like I said, I don't remember for sure if this side gets the male and female or vice versa. One of the reasons why I didn't install the rear belts is that there is no plastic left on the other two buckles.

wahya-This is starting to make sense now. I figured the far right one but couldn't remember the center (if there was a center) or not. Yes, the one's with the plastic cover is on each side. Speaking of the center, it would have what you have on one side but the other side would be 2 female ends. One for the far right passenger and another to receive the male you pictured. 6 people all in all can be in the car-3 front (with "buddy" seat, and 3 rear)?

THANKS

Also, did you have washers and spacers?

Yes on the six and no on the spacers and washers.

Auto Transport Service
Back