• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 71 to 74 B body 8 3/4 axle assembly and Door lock assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tajmartin

Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a 8 3/4 rear end for my 73 satellite along with the door lock assembly.

What side door lock do you need?

Thanks
Sorry for the delay, both of the doors actually work fine, but its the lock on the passenger door the "Rod" that lets you unlock the door from the inside, I actually could use the cap that belongs on the driver's side I see threads but don't have whatever cap should be there.

Sorry for the delay, both of the doors actually work fine, but its the lock on the passenger door the "Rod" that lets you unlock the door from the inside, I actually could use the cap that belongs on the driver's side I see threads but don't have whatever cap should be there.
No problem.

I have these parts (well not the rear end). The threads are for the door lock knobs (cap). I have some used ones in various colors. I can gather up some pics and share them with you.

Here are the pics. I have both rods and a group of door lock knobs. PM me if you're interested.

thanks

20230525_185321.jpg

20230525_185344.jpg

I have

Several 8 3/4 rear axles. What ratio do you think you will need? I am in Pennsylvania
I actually know very little about these rear ends, it was just recommended that I move from a 8.25 to an 8 3/4 since they can handle a little more. I have seen a lot of talk about 3.23 being a decent option. I would love to feel like the car isn't a slug its got a 318 in it now and the plan is to ether move it to a 360 magnum or just stroke out the 318 (leaning toward the latter). Im in Cali though so a lot of freeway driving is inevitable but would like to be able to spin the tires once an a while.

The rear ends for 73/74 have the same width and pad dimensions as everything that came after.
So if you were so inclined a 9.25 from a big block Cordoba or Magnum etc. would also fit where the 8.25 is with the same length driveshaft. Once you find a housing you can replace the entire carrier with modern new stuff if you want, so the sky is the limit.
Both the 8.75 and 9.25 for this application are not that easy to find, the 8.75 because they were only offered for a couple years early in this dimension and the 9.25 because decades of indifference about the existence of the mid 70's cars means the housings are actually tricky to find. Mopar guys tend to hang onto anything bigger then an 8.25 though so people have them stashed if you ask around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back