• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'71 trim question

rrTor-Red

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
Guys/gals:

Will be installing front and rear glass on my car soon. Is there a difference in the trim clips that goes on before the glass for the front and rear? I can't remember :)

Thanks

Hi and welcome...but you might want to go to "forebodiesonly.com" for this one.
Best of luck to you

I do know there are different length clips for different years.

Hi and welcome...but you might want to go to "forebodiesonly.com" for this one.
Best of luck to you

FYI- I am a member, established, AND on FBBO. Thanks

I had a glass guy bring a windshield to the house to install and I also had him put the rear window in. I told him that I had several clips missing. He had some with him in his van and he put them on as well.

Have to check with a few where I live.

Couldn't hurt to ask, but I must tell you. The guy showed up with the windshield and asked if I was going to be putting the headliner in anytime soon. I said yes and he told me it was easier to install it before the glass and he would just hold onto the glass until I called. So, it was kind of a special situation, but he had several trays of clips with him.

Headliner is in already

I've always just used the same clips front and back without issue. And I usually just buy a big bag of them off Ebay when I start running low.

You'll need quite a few and occasionally some will get bent or broken in the process so you'll want a few extras.

I saved the original ones but getting divorced years ago, I think in the move process, some got lost.

Yeah you don't want to reuse those things anyway. IMO, it's like a torque to yield bolt. One time use. They bend. Too easy and cheap to just buy new ones.

I have a bag of new ones I'm asking $20(CAD) + shipping. But I am in Canada so shipping may be more than expected.
Was going to remove the windshield trim to polish and replace the clips at the same time but sold the car before doing so.

$_59.jpg

Kernel, did you get those in USA? It would be easier just to get them here instead. I want to make sure if front and rear are the same or different and get them accordingly if need be.

Kernel, did you get those in USA? It would be easier just to get them here instead. I want to make sure if front and rear are the same or different and get them accordingly if need be.

Yes I did but was so long ago I don't remember where... and yes your right if you find em in the US shipping will be negligible I'm sure :) (shipping anything here sux *** lol)

Auto Transport Service
Back