• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72-74 charger sidemarker lights. What the f?.

400sforever

Local time
10:19 AM
Reaction score
i restored a 74 charger several years back and side marker lenses were a non issue. Now I can't hardly find correct factory appearing lenses. I bought mine at year one in 2008 but now they don't even have them from what I see. Classic industries has original mopar lenses but no pictures of close up details. Plus they want 25 bucks PER LENSE. Are they nuts? Am I missing something? They list reproduction lenses for 10 bucks but no pictures of those details either. The repro lenses I have seen online have unsightly name brands and lettering on the bottom of them. Where do I get the factory appearing ones that aren't a retarded ripoff? They exist somewhere I would think since I bought them in 2008 or 2009, but they better not be 100 bucks for 4 simple lenses!

I got a set off eBay for $40-$50 bucks they had the pentastar on them and a few small words that's it they looked great. That's been 3 years though... You never know

Fortunatelly these sidemarkers were made locally in Venezuela as part of the local parts made program ( goverment requirement ) where at least 25% of the parts made for the cars assemblied here needed to be made locally to allow the assembly plants to asssembly the cars. Those sidemarkers were parts of these 25%, and we are BY NOW still plenty of stock on these. Dunno at this moment but several sets I have bought as spare got all the Chrysler signs casted at this moment. Just the addded words "Hecho en Venezuela" small in a corner would make difference. I can tell if they still got the chrysler casted numbers and emblems. I have seen some not. latelly they are notbgetting anymore the chromed finish on edge either ( since loooong time ago actually ), which anyway dissapears easilly with time just washing the car LOL

I allways get spare of these because they are fragile.

The repos are not exact factory reproductions, I did purchase those and did not like them and they are now off the car and ready for sale if you don't mind a non factory part. keep looking I found 1990s mopars in a box for 40.00 and they are on the car. Original nos pieces are 40.00 each or more!

This is one of my spares
IMG_0877.JPG

And these are the ones being still sold locally

Cocuyo Mica Cruce Lateral Doge Dart
https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-465140690-cocuyo-mica-cruce-lateral-doge-dart-_JM

Although I have found some are not getting the Chrysler castings anymore

( editing... the link I posted seesm to be a molded copy from an original locally made ... doesn't look right, but they are still around down here )

Last edited:
try the dodge dealer they may still be available call them with the part #or Year One Inc.

The amber ones are still available new. Do a search for Mopar 3587436. They used these well into the '80s on trucks. There must be more than a few red ones (3587440) laying around.

I'm not positive about the red lens part number, but what pops up on searches using that number seems correct.

Last edited:
Trucks, and FWD cars into the late 80's and even early 90's.

The painted pinstripe can be different colors, though.

The amber ones are still available new. Do a search for Mopar 3587436. They used these well into the '80s on trucks. There must be more than a few red ones (3587440) laying around.

I'm not positive about the red lens part number, but what pops up on searches using that number seems correct.
Confirm 3587440 as the red lens. Check with the dealer, should still have them. BTW, YearOne sources them from Mopar, still shows at YO under FD745 & FD746, about $22 ea.

sweet! thanks a lot for looking guys! im going to be getting a few sets! Still trying to finish up the 72 SE at the moment

Chrysler still has them 3589440, 3589436

Just an FYI, I called my local Dodge dealer and gave him these numbers and nothing came up. So I reverted to giving him a description to find the part. I gave him a 1990 Dodge Ram. He came back with a match. The part number is 3587436 for the front amber lens. $25.75 each + local sales tax.

Wow that's pricey. So once I knew the new part number I called another Dodge dealer and he came back and told me $38.63 + local sales tax for 1 amber lens. Holy crap.

In both cases the part was not available across the counter so it would be pay in person and wait for it to arrive to the dealership.

:thumbsup:

I found the same thing at my dodge dealer. 36 bucks per lense!

Damn! I bet could sell and send the ones available down here on $70 or so, shipped!!! all the set ( the good ones, like the one on the pic I posted )

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back