• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 b-body heater control cable and valve( with A/C ) - pics needed

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
well, I finally broke down and bought a new heater control valve and control cable.. does anyone have pics of one installed ??

couple different holes on inner fender , not sure which to use, also cable has a flat black piece on one end but not the other, does this go under the dash or under hood ??

Resized_20190902_110836.jpeg valve.jpg

Hi, I have the 71 style on my car but it is very similar. I think the end in the picture gets screwed to the temp control and the cable end gets slipped over the end of the lever. The end that goes to the valve should have a barrel like end that a clip goes over and snaps into the square hole and notch.
Download the service manual from mymopar.com it's under the tools/reference tab. on pages 24-8 and 24-61 they have the illustration=s you are looking for.
2.jpg

Here is how the bracket bolts to the fender.
1.jpg

Here is the valve bolted to the bracket. Hope this helps

Not sure if this is going to help you but here are some pictures of my 72 Satellite. The loop at the end of the cable broke off and non stock hose clamps.
KIMG1126.JPG

KIMG1125.JPG

Jp...where did you get your cable from? Been looking for a replacement for AC.
Can only find non-AC.

sheet metal clamp tab goes on the valve

Mine has the opposite end F'd up.

Valve stuck and the cable kinked at the slider control.
(rolled cable end goes on the slider knob)

Impossible to straighten and it keeps re-kinking.

here is what i ordered, it does not fit .. it has the flat tab piece on one end.. I know it needs to be 71" +/- long to reach valvle

MN1756 - 1970-74 Mopar E-Body With A/C 71" Temperature Control Cable
Replace that worn, frayed cable with this factory style replacement and properly connect the levers to the control valve on the firewall.

Auto Transport Service
Back