• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 build in Houston

hpg4815

Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for letting me join. I have been holding in to my dads 1972 dodge charge since he passed in 2003. He bought it as a demo with 600 miles on it from the dealer. When he died it was not running and the motor and trans was taken out of the car. Fast forward to today I have been welding the rusty parts and trying to fix all that up. Not a professional job but the goal is just to get it driving and reliable. I have a little more metal work left to do but decided that can wait and have been actively trying to get this car back together. I had taken every bolt off to do the metal work and at this point I have all the suspension has been put back on and I am working on the drive train. Hope I can contribute to the community, but to be honest I’m not that familiar with the ins and outs of these cars. I might have some used parts if anyone is looking for something. Let me know

C4C7F815-5CD3-434E-8E4B-46C822743A3D.jpeg

87DB399F-1363-4DBB-9457-C355DA623042.jpeg

North
36701377555_0d44590ae4_b.jpg

Cool story and good luck on getting your dads car running again. Lots of good people here to help you out if you have any questions !

Welcome! Looking good so far!

Greetings from northern Michigan.

Wishing you success in getting your dad's Charger roadworthy again. Nice to have a "one owner" car and keeping it in the family.
And like @69 Sleeper Bee stated, not only good people here very willing to help, they're also extremely knowledgeable on all things Mopar. I thought I knew quite a bit but I'm humbled by the knowledge of some of these guys. :thumbsup:

Welcome from southern NJ.
Story & memories of the dad's 72. Keep those alive & pass them down.
. Had just lost my pop in April, didn't get to ride in it, but he DID hear my LA engine run: dad taught me shade tree mechanics on LA engines in his taxi cabs back in early 70s.
Progress posts a must.

20210114_151631.jpg

1659217455750.png
Have fun and ask for help if need to,great people here.

Welcome from Illinois!! Such a worthy undertaking! Best wishes to you and your heirloom Charger.

Welcome from southern NJ.
Story & memories of the dad's 72. Keep those alive & pass them down.
. Had just lost my pop in April, didn't get to ride in it, but he DID hear my LA engine run: dad taught me shade tree mechanics on LA engines in his taxi cabs back in early 70s.
Progress posts a must.

View attachment 1321562
That’s awesome!

What is AWESOME will be you driving your dad's car, done to how YOU want!! After all, as we son's DO have different "tastes" then our pops. Dad was Scotch, I'm a Jack guy. :lol:

Welcome from western NY. I love the back story on your car. You're doing the right thing...:)

Auto Transport Service
Back