• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 charger fuel vent canister?

72 charger

Local time
9:04 AM
Reaction score
This is a picture of the canister that the vent tubes off the gas tank go into. First what is it actually called and where can you get new ones? Thanks.

Attachments

• DSCI0316.jpg
    DSCI0316.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3,207
What exactly does is the vapor separator for then? Im putting in a 69 383 which im assuming does not use the emissions part such as the charcoal vapor canister. And if you do need both these where does the line that is on the top of the vapor separator go to the four vent tubes are from the gas tank but im unsure of where the single tube goes to it was cut when we got the car as well as the charcoal canister is broken out on the bottom that came with the car are these repoped?

Im still wondering what will happen if I eliminate these lines-Its use is for atmospheric pressure differences-or so Mopar says-

That is also exactly what im wondering. I saw on here somewhere someone said they had a car they bought where the tank vent lines were just routed back into the tank. I could probably clean up the vapor separator. But I dont understand its function as well as the function of the charcoal vapor canister or if i can get another charcoal canister. Hopefully someone else will chime in and clear things up.

Auto Transport Service
Back