• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Charger Guys

68383GTS

Local time
7:12 PM
Reaction score
I have been looking at some Chargers.On a 1972 Charger SE it has the small side window behind the door.My question can this be made into the normal big window?Is there a fiberglass plug under the vinyl top?And if there is a fiberglass plug can it be removed and the normal size window and trim be put in ?I do not like the looks of the small window.

Thanks,Jim

I had a 72 SE and under the top is a metal filler tacked in place over the none SE window opening. The window is the same, you just cant see it all. I cut this out and got the trim from a none SE. interior panel is also needed. Its an easy fix.

If you do this, please post photos as you go, just to satisfy my curiosity. You will definitely have a unique look with the standard side window combined with the SE roofline/rear window angle.

Its the same body line after you remove the filler panels. I just did this and you also have to extend the drip rail.

Auto Transport Service
Back