• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 charger - no brake lights

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
i just rewired tail/brake light harness, all working good, headlight relay went out, so i pulled it out, still havent put new one in, everything worked before, would it be a brake light switch or something to do with the headlight relay ? ) 72 charger w/hideaways )

i just rewired tail/brake light harness, all working good, headlight relay went out, so i pulled it out, still havent put new one in, everything worked before, would it be a brake light switch or something to do with the headlight relay ? ) 72 charger w/hideaways )

The relay is only for front headlight doors. The brake light switch is a plunger switch that is attached to your brake pedal under the dash, but since you just rewired it... I'd start with the rear harness. Make sure you are grounded.

i have turn signals and tail lights, just no brake lights, leaning toward brake light switch

Turning switch gets a white wire down the column. That's the wire coming from brake pedal switch. You can feed it with 12 volts and while turning switch is in rest position, this wire feeds dark green and brown wires ( one to each side ) to become turnings into brake lights.

If feeding the white wire you get brake lights then the problem is on pedal switch or wires related ( pink coming from fuse box or as mentioned white running up to turning switch )

Auto Transport Service
Back