• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 charger suspension problems

72 charger

Local time
8:58 PM
Reaction score
I recently bought a 72 charger. I have discovered that the passenger side wheel when we try to move it around leans out with the top side of the wheel away from the car (positive camber)but i also think that it also was leaning the opposite way( negative camber) at one point while trying to move it. When we removed the k frame (the k frame is currently out of the car and the problem persists.) the lower bushing on the passengers side that attaches the k frame and the control arm was broken was wondering if anyone could tell me my problem or what causes this because it is very noticeable not just a few degrees. Thanks

This is my problem. The car did the same thing with the k frame in the car what causes this? Anything at this point could help a lot. Thanks.

HPIM0872.jpg

Lower or upper control arm bushings shot. If you already removed the K-frame, then I'm sure you will be getting a front-end rebuild kit. Then your problem will be solved.

Your photo shows nothing from a camber standpoint since even a fresh suspension will do that without the K frame installed while sitting on the floor.

The photo does show that there is total wear in the suspension components since the outer tie rod end is laying over at an extreme angel, and the inner is laying over at an opposite direction to the pitman arm.

You just need a complete suspension rebuild. Do that and I am sure that all your problems will go away.

What does the kit include and who sells them or do you have to buy it in pieces? And should the torsion bars be replaced or not unless noticeable wear or bends are present? And the k frame was a hassle to get out anyone that can tell me the right way to put it back in i think we bent the struts taking it out.

Also the reason i said what i did in the beginning about the camber was because even when we did have the k frame in the car it still did the same thing but if the bushings and such are what is causing this it all makes sense thanks alot.

Auto Transport Service
Back