• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD '72 Petty Blue Ralley Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

detmatt1

Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Rock solid Georgia car. Originally a 340 auto, now has a good running '70 440 HP engine in it with an automatic trans and a 4.11 sure grip 83/4. Fender tag and build sheet are with it. Originally Petty Blue (super blue) with black vinyl top and black bucket seat/console interior. Very little rust anywhere on this car, in fact I don't think it needs any panel replacement at all. Some bubbleing in the trunklid and very little on the lower extremeties of the quarters that is hardly worth mentioning and same on fenders or less. Original a.c. car with tinted glass of course, power brakes disc up front, drums in rear, dual chrome mirrors. Get in and drive this one while you restore it. Needs some interior restoration and a paint job. more info and pics to come as soon. As I get my virus ridden computer back from the geek squad.
Located in the Detroit area.
Asking $9,500 OBO!

Man with all these cars you come up with makes me feel like I need to move and become your new best friend!

Man with all these cars you come up with makes me feel like I need to move and become your new best friend!

Detroit craigslist has to be one the best areas in the midwest for musclecars and there seems to be a fair amount of mopars there.

Detroit craigslist has to be one the best areas in the midwest for musclecars and there seems to be a fair amount of mopars there.

Timing is everything! I have bought all but 1 of my cars from a Craigslist ad.

here are some pics, more to come.

Attachments

• DSCN6490.jpg
    DSCN6490.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 1,667
  • DSCN6492.jpg
    DSCN6492.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,635
  • DSCN6496.jpg
    DSCN6496.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,658
  • DSCN6503.jpg
    DSCN6503.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,594
  • DSCN6508.jpg
    DSCN6508.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,611
Another real good project Matt........Solid. Like the blue. You guys truely are blessed with a fairly good selection of mopars still sitting around over there.

-looking at the first pic, your Truck get a sunburn or something?

*OIC....sold your old truck, sorry.

Last edited:
Another real good project Matt........Solid. Like the blue. You guys truely are blessed with a fairly good selection of mopars still sitting around over there.

-looking at the first pic, your Truck get a sunburn or something?

*OIC....sold your old truck, sorry.

Yeah, it was time. To much maintanence on it with those miles. The new one is an '02 3/4 ton with only 72,000 miles on it, just broken in!

Wow Matt - another find. I am about ready to put in a order with you to locate me my next project.

Your right, can't hurt to ask. 69 Super Bee or 68 Charger big block. 4 speed. Fender tag. Original color. Matching #'s motor not that important.

Without seeing it in person that sounds like a pretty fair deal on a nice looking car. Wish I had the cash, my Dolores needs a room mate to share the garage with! lol

Your right, can't hurt to ask. 69 Super Bee or 68 Charger big block. 4 speed. Fender tag. Original color. Matching #'s motor not that important.

I might know where there is a `68 Charger 383 4 barrel 4 spd car in QQ1 over white and black interior, console buckets, original engine, fender tag. Previously restored car but Had some issues last time I saw it and could use more work in my opinion. He wanted some pretty large money for it but VERY low production #'s, I could make a call..

Trying to locate the correct grille for this car. I think I've found one and it will go with the car. Have found a couple of trunklids and would be happy to give contact info to them to whoever buys the car.

Too bad I missed it by a few months. We have 68 Coronet small block but, I have been sort of wanting a 71-72 B-Body with a big block. But, now just had to get the 904 rebuilt in the 68 Coronet so, we don't know.

Looks like a nice solid car. Have you located the correct grills for it yet? How are the floor boards and firewall as far as any rust? I am looking for a nice solid project to work on with my 16 year old son but don't want to deal with too much body work. It would look great in the garage next to my 72 Rallye 440, 4-speed.

This would make for a great father/son project or a young guns first musclecar as it needs very little metal work of any kind anywhere on it and is also mechanically sound. Easy project here. I am hoping to find the grilles at the all Mopar swap meet this weekend and even thinking of trailering the car out there depending on the weather. You going to the trade center this weekend SpeedyGreek?

Thank you. I plan on attending the swap meet this weekend. I will PM you.

Finally located the correct grills. Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_7663.JPG
    IMG_7663.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • Copy (2) of IMG_7612.jpg
    Copy (2) of IMG_7612.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,053
  • Copy (2) of IMG_7607.jpg
    Copy (2) of IMG_7607.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Copy (2) of IMG_7605.jpg
    Copy (2) of IMG_7605.jpg