• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'72 Road Runner steering wheel

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a '72 rr steering wheel will work on my '70 Belvedere (pictured below) column shift steering column? A local guy has one on craigslist.
(1).jpg

00a0a_lq6wpEpb7RD_600x450.jpg
00a0a_lq6wpEpb7RD_600x450.jpg

I'm not positive....but I think it will bolt up & work. The splines on the steering shaft should be the same. I'd want to double check to see if the diameter of the base (round part) is correct to cover your steering column. Also, you "might" need the horn adapter for the '72 wheel.

Maybe you could pull yours 1/2-way apart, drive it over there & pull your steering wheel in front of his house to check if it will fit?

One thing I can say for sure is that '72 wheel looks similar to my '70 wheel.

The spokes are more dished on 71-73 base wheels.

The spokes are more dished on 71-73 base wheels.

Oh yeah, and now that I think of it, the '70 wheel has a half horn ring & this '72 has horn buttons in the corners....duh. I'm thinking it will fit though, but make sure to get the horn adapter & stuff behind the wheel too just to be sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back