• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 72 Roadrunner Front Bench Headrests

Status
Not open for further replies.

faster4door

Local time
10:15 AM
Reaction score
72 Roadrunner front bench headrests any color, no damage or cracking, B5 blue would be preferred. Contact through PM.

I have some from a 71 Satellite but they are green dyed black.

If you'd be interested in those, I will get pics.

I am certainly interested if you could post some pics or send/share over email. I will PM you my email address.

OK.

Should be able to get pics over the weekend.

I have possibly scored a set of nice blue ones, I will keep you in the loop, but obviously until then please don't spend any more of your time on this. I will contact you if the deal falls through,

Thanks

I got scammed on the set I had found. If you are still willing to shoot me some pics and a price on yours this weekend I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
George

That sucks.

Hope you didn't lose money and hope that didn't happen on this site.

I've got a busy weekend this time but I should be able to.

I don't think I've ever removed headrests from a seat before, can you do it with the vinyl still on the seat?

I got scammed on the set I had found. If you are still willing to shoot me some pics and a price on yours this weekend I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
George
Sorry to hear you got scammed. If you got scammed on here please report or post info so others don’t get scammed…

It looks like the headrests are just retained with a spring detent spring. So it looks like just force, some say a little oil or WD wicked down the shaft.
B body head rest removal

I got burnt on Facebook for $200, my own fault, hindsight being 20/20 there were red flags.

Still sucks.

I'm writing out my to do list for this weekend and dig out, photo and eval removal of those is on it.

Helps that I've got another potential parts sale brewing as well.

@faster4door

From the link you posted it looks like the retainer/spring clip part does in fact require the seat upholstery to be off in order to get at it.

I have no problem ripping up the seat back as I've already taken parts off it and the frame is not in great shape.

It will just take longer if you want those too.

Raise the headrest and remove the 4 screws holding the two mountings in the seat back. Hopefully everything comes out.

This is from a '72 Satellite 4-door bench seat. Should be the same as your '71.
IMG_2405.JPG
IMG_2406.JPG
IMG_2411.JPG

If you want to shoot pics before going through the trouble of removing them, that will be fine with me.

Thanks,
George

I got them out. Wasn't too bad.

Pics will be up soon.

20230429_120800.jpg

20230429_120737.jpg
20230429_120812.jpg

Like I said, they were originally green abut dyed/painted black.
The coverage is actually pretty good except for the bottom.
Two of the plastic inserts have crumbled, chalky edges.
They still work, though but they look pretty bad.
The other two seem to be fine.

I haven't found a box yet but I have a bunch.
I can weigh them, though.

If you could, please shoot some pics of the bottom side between the posts. Also what price are you thinking? I am in Warren, MI 48092. Are you going to include the slides? Could you send the full-size pics to my email?

Thanks,
George

The bottoms have some overspray on the chrome posts and show some green.

I'll try to get pics tonight.

Like I said, 2 of the slides are deteriorated.
Maybe they were the two on the outboard side and got sun damage.
Everything in the pics is included.

The rests themselves feel pretty solid. I didn't see or feel any cracks.

There is one place where one was resting on something and conformed to it.
I'm pretty sure that happened while it was laying in the car the past year.
I'm very confident that will work it's self back to normal.

If you need any other small parts, let me know, and I'll see if they are still there and/or good.

Last edited:
OK. I think that's a scuff.

There are some scuffs and at least one place where the black has come off.

Actually the black is on pretty darn good.

I washed them and didn't see any flaking.

I'll get a close up of that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back