• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 RR grill

72RRrick

Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
What color was the wire mesh and brackets? Close up pics would sure be nice. Parts were in a box when I bought the car, it's got fresh new factory color and ready for reassembly, any pics, advice greatly appreciated. . Thanks in advance Rick
1560954789648-2109474719.jpg
1560954789648-2109474719.jpg
1560954903046613536947.jpg

Satin Black is as close as you can get to the factory color. The same as you have the metal surroundings your headlights.

Remember to black out your radiator support before you get grill installed.

Your motor looks great mate and I'm.a BIG fan of blue .... keep us posted when its up n running
:thumbsup:

Yes, I just hate covering up that pretty paint..

I have the same issue you have of not wanting to paint it black. Have you considered black plastidip for that interior section? It would allow you to color it black so it doesn't stick out once your grille is in but you can peel it off later if you want too. That is what I am going to mine and if your interested, I'll post my results once its finished.

Black is not the original color for the mesh, closer to a grey or dark grey on the NOS piece I have.
DSC09956.JPG

Last edited:
I have the same issue you have of not wanting to paint it black. Have you considered black plastidip for that interior section? It would allow you to color it black so it doesn't stick out once your grille is in but you can peel it off later if you want too. That is what I am going to mine and if your interested, I'll post my results once its finished.
Wicked idea mate :thumbsup:

I could not believe I found an Nos grille mesh and a perfect used one at Carlisle today really cheap. You never find them let alone Nos and mint used. Nos is silver and used one was painted over in black.. Nothing cracked on either one!!!

I was looking for a good center grill mesh after picking up my 72 GTX and stumbled on an NOS for $100. That was four years ago.

I wonder if its the argent gray that Ma Mopar was fond of using in the grill area.

Auto Transport Service
Back