• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

72 Satellite Fuel Tank vent lines blockoff ideas?

jimbob101

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
Howdy all!
Am getting fuel tank installed on my 72 Plymouth Satellite, it has the 4 vent tunes on the drivers side that goes inside to the 4 corners of the top of the tank... So am deleting all the vent lines and wheel well canister etc.... I am going to block off all the 4 vents but still want to have a non pressurized tank. Can I run a vented gas cap still? It is hard to tell since I bet there is still fuel slosh towards the back since the filler is in the rear of the tank.. How well is a vented cap at preventing fuel leakage but still vent?

Or worst case scenario, block 3 of the 4 tubes, and connect the 4th to the vent line that still goes up to the engine compartment that would have connected to the charcoal canister (also deleted). Thoughts? Thank you guys!

-Jimbo

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 250
Why bit just block 3 and run one of tho else mini filers on the port, or you can attach it to some hose then to a filter just make sure to be able to have enough hose to make a circle to vent fumes just not gas. Just an idea

Jeeps use a small remote vent to prevent water from getting into the axles. They are small and there have to be a million of them in the bone yards. I would block off 3 vents and plumb up one of those on the 4th port. I think most cherokees/TJs should have them, should be easy enough to get used or new. Just make sure you mount it high enough to prevent a problem. You could probably also plumb in a fuel filter between the tank and the vent which would slow any fuel slosh.

Great ideas guys! Yes I think that will be the plan and just wanted to figure out the best place to vent out fumes and I'll use your guy's ideas to get er done! Thank you again!

-Jimb

Why not just restore the system back to how it was originally designed? Is the expansion tank/vapor separator intact? If so, why remove it all?

Auto Transport Service
Back