• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 b&m deep tranny pan

Nick ciavarino

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
What is the correct amount of fluid needed after pans installed I drained the converter in which a little over 2 qts drained thanks nick

I installed a Summit deep pan on my 727. Added 1 quart to converter and installed, then filled pan until it said full on dipstick. Start and have on hand a few more quarts of ATF+4. Add as necessary. I think I was a bit over 10 qts total.

I presume you mean a new 727 deep pan install, and you drained 2 qts out of the converter? A 2" deep pan usually takes 2 more qts than stock. If that is correct, I'd start with 7 quarts, start the motor & slowly add couple more quarts, go through the gears, fill to the add mark, then check & add when it's warmed up. Depending on converter size, may be 9-10 quarts, if a 12" converter, another 1/2 - 1.

I presume you mean a new 727 deep pan install, and you drained 2 qts out of the converter? A 2" deep pan usually takes 2 more qts than stock. If that is correct, I'd start with 7 quarts, start the motor & slowly add couple more quarts, go through the gears, fill to the add mark, then check & add when it's warmed up. Depending on converter size, may be 9-10 quarts, if a 12" converter, another 1/2 - 1.
I looked it up b&m says it adds four qtr. ?

What is the correct amount of fluid needed after pans installed I drained the converter in which a little over 2 qts drained thanks nick
It would have been easy to check with one of your wife's measuring cups while they were both off.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back