• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 converter suggestions

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
I'm getting my rebuilt 727 back tomorrow. Cable shift Push Button.
Any suggestions as to what converter is best, or good or bad?
It's going into my 62 Fury 361 HP 30 over medium cam and stock dual exhaust.
Not going to race it or burn the tires "much" just want a nice driver quality ride.

I had PTC build me a converter for my combo. It cost about the same as most of the off the shelf converters I was looking at. It was about 500 shipped to my door.

Don't forget your early 727 has a different spline inside than the 67? and later transmissions.....got mine from Pat Blais..out out of the Northwest....great service...quality product...

PTC!!!!!!!!

Call John Cope and tell him your specs. He orders them from PTC. For my street built 318 Poly, he recommended a PTC 11", 2400 stall with the larger 7/16" bolts. 19 spline. I love it! And it was only $295 plus shipping.

Did your rebuilder put in a lighter governor for higher shift points? My 727 pushbutton is stock minus red frictions, Kolene steels, bolt in sprag, Max Wedge governor. And it snaps off shifts at 5800rpm like clockwork. Comes off the line angry and never misses a beat.

Give the guys at Midwest converter a call. They're in Rockford Il.. I just received mine Friday. I had ordered a boss hog through Jegs in April. Over a month later I got it, I had my trans guy check it, the runout was 30,000ths, looked like a top losing speed. I called and talked to the owner, he apologized and set up pick up. Shipped it back, 31/2 weeks later got the new one. Had it checked again 20,000ths out. Dave said it looked like factory balance still in place. Called again the nice lady said he was busy and would call me back. Never called, I shipped it back to Jegs, they are great! I ordered from Midwest on Monday and got it on Thursday, they delivered it to the trans shop, NO CHARGE! They're number is 815-229-9808, they've been in business since 1972. Tell Dennis Howard Walker told ya. Take care

Auto Transport Service
Back