• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 dipstick/max wedge/max wedge exhaust manifold weight

Geri

Deceased, But not forgotton
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
I am putting the max wedge exhaust manifolds on my '64 (383) the exhaust runs smack into the trans dipstick tube- did they make a different dipstick tube for the maxwedge cars/exhaust? would the difference in height and width of the RB over the B make that much difference in exhaust manifold clearance issues?
also it was asked a while back what the max wedge exhaust manifolds weight- they feel like 90 lbs but are actually only 30 lbs each. lighter than I thought..
dodge SS manifolds..jpg

Yes. A 'special' longer fill tube/stick was made. Also has a 'special' price tagged onto it.

Any outfit that sports Max Wedge parts will have it.

Yes. A 'special' longer fill tube/stick was made. Also has a 'special' price tagged onto it.

Any outfit that sports Max Wedge parts will have it.
OK roomies- guess what- no need to pay the big$$$ for the dipstick tube routed as the picture shows.
by chance I had a tube that is routed exactly as shown for the max engine -it came off a '78 motor home with a 440. I'll bet whoever is charging mega bucks for them are just getting motor home dipstick tubes. of course on a motor home the dipstick tube is lengthened to exit in front bu the radiator- but all they did was add a longer tube to the existing tube that slides right out....
your welcome...

Max Wedge dipstick was originally special part #2400655, housing also special # 2400652. Im sure you can fudge whatever you have to match Moparedtn's pic above. HTH, lefty71

Max Wedge dipstick was originally special part #2400655, housing also special # 2400652. Im sure you can fudge whatever you have to match Moparedtn's pic above. HTH, lefty71
the dipstick comes out where the max does, when I get it changed I'll take a picture, still willing to bet the factory used the Max stye on the motor home, either way who would know or care about the difference if not exact?
I'm kinda proud I remember the dipstick was behind the head instead of under it.

OK roomies- guess what- no need to pay the big$$$ for the dipstick tube routed as the picture shows.
by chance I had a tube that is routed exactly as shown for the max engine -it came off a '78 motor home with a 440. I'll bet whoever is charging mega bucks for them are just getting motor home dipstick tubes. of course on a motor home the dipstick tube is lengthened to exit in front bu the radiator- but all they did was add a longer tube to the existing tube that slides right out....
your welcome...
adding to this-I go it changed to the motor home. tube -perfect fit.there is a slight difference the motor home tube is 4" longer than the tube for the side, I cut the 4" off-good to go. the dipstick on the max may be longer- I dont have one so I cut this to match the original dipstick @ 18-1/2". yes , I know the wiring and crapola need work ,I'll get there,I like a blank firewall ,I make them go then
show-so far it is just barely going. lowest performing 383 4 bbl I've ever seen. odd.

show.
dodge trans dipstick.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back