• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 kickdown linkage

steve from staten island

Local time
2:12 PM
Reaction score
Thanks to members i realize my linkage may be way out of adjustment. I did a search of how to adjust it but I'm still not a hundred percent i get it.... The lever on the trans must he held to its most forward position? And then the lever on carb should be adjusted so it just touches the back most part? Any help on this ?

I don't get the manual instructions either. Instead the common procedure that I was provided here is: remove the kickdown rod at the carburetor throttle linkage pin and wire the kickdown linkage all the way back down at the transmission. Remove the throttle spring and hold the throttle linkage all the way open. Adjust the kickdown rod until there is a small amount of clearance (1/16" or so) between the carb linkage pin and the slot in the rear of the kickdown lever so that it won't bottom at wide open throttle and tighten the connections, hook everything back up.

aaaw you all forgot the top bell crank alignment pin. It must be installed before starting the alignment. Then make the adjustment to the bottom first. Don't know what is so hard about the FSM instructions.

aaaw you all forgot the top bell crank alignment pin. It must be installed before starting the alignment. Then make the adjustment to the bottom first. Don't know what is so hard about the FSM instructions.
What adjustment to the bottom? Would that be the lever on the trans itself were the kick down linkage goes to?

Auto Transport Service
Back