• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Questions

Nick2317

Local time
4:12 AM
Reaction score
My tranny is leaking ....2 question I have been told by numerous people to use that new rubber/steel core pan gasket BUT it says don't use with the regular stamped steel pan...Has anyone used it with the regular old pan with any problems?

2 What fluid is everyone using now????

Make sure the pan rails are straight. straighten any dents or bulges. Yes you can use the steel core gasket. I have never heard of anyone saying different. ATF+4 is the fluid to use and check the level with the fluid warm and with the transmission in neutral not park. Never overfill. Level or slightly under. Pan bolt torque is 150 inch lbs.

I have one now in my D350 Ram with a deep steel pan.No problem.

First, be sure the leak is from the pan, could be from anywhere above the pan gasket. Best pan gasket is the current factory offering but very pricey.

My tranny is leaking

I never thought about having a leak, but I guess it could happen...
caitlyn_jenner-5m810q25k4kpwguqjk2_fct866x650x48.0_ct300x225.jpg

the dealership has the mopar performance one in stock for 40 bucks guess Ill try that one

do NOT overtighten
hylomar works
do not use grad 8 bolts- at factory torque they do not stretch and do not hold clamp
check your switch for leaks and shift linkage and dipstick o ring
adjust your band while you have pan off
use ATF+4 it is an excellent type III synthetic and any fluid using logo must meet spec and use approved additive package
only thing better is CITGO QuatroSyn pricy and hard to find but if you are doing snowplow work or similar HD work I'd search for it (Type IV-V fully synthetic)
will last virtually forever
The older fluids are really not even made anymore and those that say that they meet some spec (like DEX III) have no quality control +4 does
you could use Allison Spec fluid and have quality control but type +4 is a safer route unless you are a fleet with special needs

will/should the rubber/steel lined mopar performance pan gasket be ok?

Auto Transport Service
Back