• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 seals

midnightrider1818

Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
i am gonna replace all the seals in my tranny while i have my motor out. i was gonna put a new pump seal in. shift arm seal and tailend shaft seal where the driveshaft goes in. how hard is it to replace the shift linkage seals and will i have to tear into the inside of the tranny. thanks guys

one more question

i have a brand new torque converter laying around. it is for a forged steel crank and wondered if i could use that for my 383. it has a forged steel crank also. it isnt a stall or anything just a regular converter

You may have to drop the valve body to change the selector shaft seal but that's no big deal. Just be very clean and pay attention!! The dip stick tube has an O-ring and it's not always a perfect seal because the tube gets bent up around where the O -ring seat is. You may want to back it up with some Right Stuff (I call it black death).

No weights on the converter, correct? Also make sure it's not for an early trans going into a late trans. The early trans has an 18 spline input vs. the 19 spline on the newer stuff. Otherwise should be fine based on what you said.

help changing gear selector seals. 727 torqueflite

that is correct. no weights on converter. imma start tearing into it when i get time. ill take pics and maybe some of you guys who have done this before can help me out a little. would be highly appreciated.

Auto Transport Service
Back