• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 Torque Flight Trans

gtx446

Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
Good Morning,

Question, I have a 66 Charger with a Barton Hemi, 767 hp and 686 tq. I want to beef up my trans, it's a stock 383 trans. . What parts would you recommend to beef up my trans, to handle this motor? Bands, etc? Any advice will be appreciated!

Thx

VP

call A&A transmissions, tell them what engine you have and what you will be doing with it (just on the street or taking it to the track) They will suggest how to build it and they also sell all the parts needed, plus the converter to. They are one of the best in the business building transmissions for the average guy and racers. They built a great transmission for my modified 383 and I've tried to kill it many times, but it keeps running strong on the street and track!!

http://www.aandatrans.com/

Buy one from A&A or Copes Racing Trans and be done with it.

I purchased 727 internals for my 540 ( similar HP-more torque ) from John Cope. We discussed what I needed: billet front drum, bolt-in over running clutch, friction materials, bands, servos, etc.. He did tell me I would need a manual reverse VB at my power level. Good guy to deal with also.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back