• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

727 trans mount

Sonny

It’s all fun til the rabbit gets the gun.
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a ‘70 b body 727 trans mount on all the typical sites but can’t get verification that it fits my car. It’s a ‘70 Belvedere 318/904 car I converted to a 440/727. I assume the mount and steel mount bracket are the same for both? If so can someone point me to one that fits?

4FC3C9C7-43B0-479A-9596-7FB1F7D32AB2.png
I "think" the transmission cross member may be different small block vs. big block (SOMEBODY PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG).
https://www.autozone.com/drivetrain/transmission-mount/duralast-transmission-mount/108621_10594_0
Mine looks like this:

When I removed the trans mount bolts, I had to dig tons of rubber out from the bolt access holes where the rubber mount failed and expanded. I’ll bet it’s so compressed that this is why my header is hitting the torsion bar! It also might explain the vibration I had off the line when I hit the gas hard. Should I spend the $50 for the prothane mount?

When I removed the trans mount bolts, I had to dig tons of rubber out from the bolt access holes where the rubber mount failed and expanded. I’ll bet it’s so compressed that this is why my header is hitting the torsion bar! It also might explain the vibration I had off the line when I hit the gas hard. Should I spend the $50 for the prothane mount?
I did

Gotcha...the transmission cross member. Yes, it does look the same as my car. Be aware that there are TWO different cross members...going from memory here... '67 & earlier vs. '68 and later I believe. The only difference was the location of the rubber mount (front/back maybe 3"-4"). If it looks like your cross member is lining up, then I believe you have the correct one.

I agree with the other guys that a polyurethane mount is worth the extra $35 or so. If you have solid motor mounts, the you don't really "need" it in my opinion, but it couldn't hurt.

The pre 1970 crossmembers were different between auto and four speed. They moved the mounting pad on 1970 up four speeds, so there is only one trans crossmember. The 66 to 69 auto crossmembers are the same as all 70 crossmembers, except for the thru bolt sizes, I believe.

3B1031A9-D3DE-43A4-9353-E93EE69ED644.jpeg
That sucker was toast!

Same type I used on my 67 727 trans. Foggy, though kinda recall it was listed for 70ish Duster/Demon A-body. Might be worth checking.

Auto Transport Service
Back