• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
My 727 is leaking at almost every seal. I am thinking about buying a reman. TCI, BMW, or Gearstar?
The Gearstar is quite a bit more money. I assume they must be built using all new parts and the other two are rebuilt using a mixture of old and new. I would rebuild mine, but this is not the time to have the car down.
Is the Gearstar worth the extra money? Are the other two a good purchase?

Your assumptions are just that. Must get the info from the vendor as to what is inside and why is costs more.

my assumption is that nobody can find all new internals for a 727, unless they are all racing parts.

Don't you have any good local rebuilders? Check with other Mopar guys/gals for a source.
Mike

I have no problem rebuilding a 727.I have built many transmissions. Time is not my friend. I was just hoping someone here might have experience with one of these brands

For the time of shipping alone, you could pull it apart and rebuild it with some nice parts.

Try A&A transmissions near Chigaco. They can supply a transmission in many levels of build, as you require.

My 727 is leaking at almost every seal. I am thinking about buying a reman. TCI, BMW, or Gearstar?
The Gearstar is quite a bit more money. I assume they must be built using all new parts and the other two are rebuilt using a mixture of old and new. I would rebuild mine, but this is not the time to have the car down.
Is the Gearstar worth the extra money? Are the other two a good purchase?
Do not assume anything.....instead CALL GEARSTAR or whom ever you prefer and talk to them sbout your intended use and or budget....why guess??
A premier supplier is :
A A transmissions
Home - A&A Transmissions
They can supply any /all parts
call them
BOB RENTON

if youre going to pull it and its only leaking ? Why not just reseal it. For that matter a rebuild takes less time than R&R. Not many "new" stock replacement parts. The majority of hard parts in most all overhauls would be used. Most of them seldom wear anyway.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back