• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73’ Plymouth Satellite 4dr windshield linkage bushings.

Breven52

Local time
7:28 PM
Reaction score
C8C60722-E386-472E-93A4-08EB05AF35D8.jpeg
A445A938-6C1C-49E7-8973-E80BD03932D5.jpeg
All,
I have begun to try and get my wipers working in tandem again. I’m running into a snag getting the bushings (now in the linkage arm) to snap down over the posts. My hands and arms look like I’ve been playing with a feral cat, but I’ve managed to get the bushing on the wiper motor arm connected, and attached to the motor arm. Anyone have any tips for getting the upper linkage bushings to snap down? I have been greasing the bushings and applying heat before trying to get them down, but despite my best efforts, I’ve had no luck. Some pictures have been added for no particular reason. FFF6033F-687A-42F9-A960-FECA98DFF44D.jpeg

I recently rebuilt the wiper linkage on my 73 Road Runner. I found it easier to pull all the linkage out of the cowl, clean it up, install the bushings and then reinstall the entire assembly. I used some wire wrapped around the arm shafts and fished through the mounting holes to help get them back into position and get the bolts back in place.

There are a couple ways to set the bushings. I used a vise and a socket & hammer.

I usually use channelock pliers and just squeeze them until they pop into place. Maybe a squirt of WD 40 would ease the process.

Did it recently on '73 Charger. I took the linkage out and hammered the bushings in. I also put a little bit of grease in the bushings.

I used a large pair of slip joint pliers but it was difficult as hell, and I also had feral cat toy syndrome complicated by backwards bent arm and 2 finger only leverage.

Never again. If there's a next time, it will come out.

On my car (‘73 RR) I removed the wiper arms and the plastic grilles over the cowl at the base of the windshield. There is a nut that holds the actuator arm onto the wiper motor which has to come off and then pull off the arm. Both of the wiper pivots bolt through the cowl with three (I think) small bolts. Now the linkage should be loose in the rain tray/cowl. Just fish it out and rebuild it. I used wire wrapped around the pivots to fish them back in and help hold them while I started the mounting bolts.

Ok guys, I got it repaired and put back. Much easier thier way. Unfortunately, the drivers side arm got hung on the hood and popped a bushing back off. Easy fix. I’ll have it back together in no time.

Auto Transport Service
Back