• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 front shocks

zsn0w

Local time
7:21 AM
Reaction score
Any recommendations for front shocks for a 1974 roadrunner? There aren't many options out there from what I can tell. Don't need anything super fancy, just want something that'll ride okay and handle okay. Looking for middle of the road between performance and driveability. What I'm seeing available are just KYB Gr2's, Monroe monro-matics, and Gabriel guardians... None seem that great, but I guess the monroe is probably the way to go if these are my only options? About double the price, but I'd assume worth it over the others? Anyone know of others available out there?

You could go with Bilsteins but I believe 74 will be like 73 and you have to widen the opening in the top of the lower control arm. I had to do it on mine.

Well, except for this little tidbit:

FREE Shipping - 48 States
    • Your Selected Vehicle does NOT fit1974 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER [x]
There must be something wrong with their website. I see the link I attached is saying that, but if you start from scratch and choose a 74 Roadrunner it says it does fit. Also, when you click on the fitment tab, it says 1974 Plymouth Roadrunner. I just checked the Bilstein website and it says there aren't any products for a 1974 Roadrunner. I also check a 72 Charger and it said the same thing. Something isn't right. Probably best to call PST.

James, do you have to modify the 74 lower control arm for the Bilsteins to fit like idrivemopar had to do on his 73?

No these are a direct bolt in. No modifying is required.

Thanks
James From
PST

Auto Transport Service
Back