• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73-74 HP manifolds on a '67 B-Body?

The Crusher

Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
I have a set of HP manifolds for 73-74 B & E Body big blocks (#3751068 & #3751071).
Can anyone confirm or deny if these will work on my '67 383 Coronet?
I know that they will bolt to the heads, but I'm most concerned with the angle of the driver's side outlet position.
It looks tight snaking through the torsion bar and steering shaft.

Drivers outlet should be the same. Passenger side the clocking is different. Check TTIs website.

Drivers outlet should be the same. Passenger side the clocking is different. Check TTIs website.
Driver's outlet should be the same, as what? The same as my standard 2.25" log manifold? It is not. My stock outlet kicks down and back. The driver's HP kicks out, hence my question.

What is clocked different on the Passenger side? The outlets looks to me to point straight down. Is it the mounting flange that is clocked different?

What am I looking for on the TTI site?

I should have explained better that I'm going to have a local shop install a whole new dual exhaust system, so I don't need the HPs to match my existing pipes. I just need to confirm weather or not the #3751068-71 HPs will work on my 67 and the shop will be able to fab up a new system.

Driver's outlet should be the same, as what? The same as my standard 2.25" log manifold? It is not. My stock outlet kicks down and back. The driver's HP kicks out, hence my question.

What is clocked different on the Passenger side? The outlets looks to me to point straight down. Is it the mounting flange that is clocked different?

What am I looking for on the TTI site?

I should have explained better that I'm going to have a local shop install a whole new dual exhaust system, so I don't need the HPs to match my existing pipes. I just need to confirm weather or not the #3751068-71 HPs will work on my 67 and the shop will be able to fab up a new system.
When I bought my TTI system, their website had a listing of the HP manifold casting numbers that they could fit exhaust pipes to on B Body Mopars.

Okay, thank you. I just need to know that the local shop will be able to bend for my car with the later HP manifolds. If TTI can do it, I'm sure the locals can do it, too.

You didnt mention log manifolds in your first post. No they will not line up. Also the diameter of the outlet is larger on the HP manifolds. 2.5"

I have a set of HP manifolds for 73-74 B & E Body big blocks (#3751068 & #3751071).
Can anyone confirm or deny if these will work on my '67 383 Coronet?
I know that they will bolt to the heads, but I'm most concerned with the angle of the driver's side outlet position.
It looks tight snaking through the torsion bar and steering shaft.
I'll start by saying that I don't know if what I'm going to say is 100% accurate. But i'll kick it off for you. Someone will fix any errors.

First, I don't believe that the 1967 383 had hp exhaust manifolds.
Second, the 67 hp manifolds (that came on 440s) also had the driver side exit clocked different than the lated model years. So both sides are different.
Third, they will fit as you mentioned,
Fourth, a decent shop that does custom exhaust will be able to make it work, and
Fifth, 1967 exhaust pipes for a 67 440 RT might work from a place like TTI.

I'll start by saying that I don't know if what I'm going to say is 100% accurate. But i'll kick it off for you. Someone will fix any errors.

First, I don't believe that the 1967 383 had hp exhaust manifolds.
Second, the 67 hp manifolds (that came on 440s) also had the driver side exit clocked different than the lated model years. So both sides are different.
Third, they will fit as you mentioned,
Fourth, a decent shop that does custom exhaust will be able to make it work, and
Fifth, 1967 exhaust pipes for a 67 440 RT might work from a place like TTI.
Thanks, that is helpful. And, yes, I have a stock 383/2v with log type manifolds. I came across a rockstar deal on the #3751068-71 manifolds and a new bolt kit and would like to use them instead of a set of headers, if I can. I'm not interested in if they came on the 383 originally and I know that they are 2 1/2" instead of 2 1/4", that is the point, upgrading to a larger system. I'd like to keep it local and have a local shop do the work, rather than buying a complete system from TTI. I know the #3751068 is clocked different from what I have on there now, and that's what caused my concern. But, if TTi has a pre-bent system, and it does, then my local shop should be able to make the HPs work. Thanks fellas for the help.

......if TTi has a pre-bent system, and it does, then my local shop should be able to make the HPs work. Thanks fellas for the help.
Exactly.

Fwiw I ran a later one like that in my 69 Coronet with a 383 and the muffler shop made pipes with no issue

Auto Transport Service
Back