• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger bumpers

440RUSH

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, Does anyone know if reproduction bumpers are available ? I'm wanting to replace the rear bumper on a 73 Charger SE. Or will I have to have mine re chromed. I can't find reproduction anywhere. Thanks for any leads.

They reproduce them or at least they did used to see them at the swap meets

Thanks for the reply Bb70charger500, I've been looking on the internet but keep coming up empty. Maybe someone will chime in on a source. I don't know of any upcoming swap meets around here. I might have to wait till the Indy swap meet in May.Or bite the bullet and have mine re plated.

If you have a good, solid core that is a good fit and alignment, I'd get that one rechromed. The same one.

Thanks WileERobby, That might be the best plan. Mine is in good shape, just the chrome is showing wear.

I would advise getting your org ones redipped! Repops often don't fit !

Shame your not closer I have a newly dipped rear bumper on my 72 I'm going to paint the bumpers not sure what else I have laying around anymore !

Thanks for reply guys, It looks like I'll get mine replated. It will cost close to the same and I don't have to worry about the fit.

The AMD bumpers fit fine to better than fine, I have two fronts and a rear. There is a replating place east of Indy that quoted me a significant lead time and a not insignificant price tag, not to say it their finished product would not be better than the new reproductions but it depends on what you are wanting the car to be. The 71 repop would be different than your 73 front though. If you look into the repop try Tamraz and wait for one of their sales, 10 or 20% off

71s are diff front AND rear... with 73/74. Can't tell if 73/74s are being reppoped. Get your one redone unless is baddly rusted.

Thanks for the reply Nacho & Nstyle, I'll check with Tamraz & AMD. It couldn't hurt to see what they cost. The shop near Indy might be an option too. I'm just wanting to make it a nice driver. BTW I'm just needing the rear bumper. The PO had the front done and it looks nice but I don't know who did it.

it took me 30 seconds to find these.
this should say 71-4

WRONG!!!

Yes they will bolt up and fit but:

1971-74 Charger rear bumpers:
1971 no slots for bumper jack
1972 slots for bumper jack
1973/74 provisions for corner rubber strips to mount

:thumbsup:

And:
73/74 small notches on bottom edge to the jack, plus the provision for the center rubber strip too

Auto Transport Service
Back