• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Charger heater hose routing

Curt Chambers

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
I've been searching these threads trying to find the correct heater hose routing for a 73 Charger, 440, w/AC. The FSM only shows hoses for a Coronet, and then doesn't show the connection points. There's a zillion diagrams on the internet, but they are either for older Chargers or other models, neither of which matches my setup.

Can one of you '73 owners snap a couple pictures of your hose routing? I'm not so interested in the physical routing as in the correct connections. I don't know which port on my water pump housing goes to the inlet side of the control valve. Or which side of the heater core hoses goes to the through pipe on the valve. In some places I've read it doesn't matter, and other places that it does.

Thanks.

IMG_4268.JPG
IMG_4269.JPG
IMG_4270.JPG
The top hose goes to the left inlet on the firewall. They are different sizes so you can't mix them up.

Thanks. That helps. Do have a picture of the control valve? I need to know which one connects to which port on the front of the engine.

The top hose runs to the bottom of the control valve and then to the left side of the firewall (passenger side). However, my control valve is neither original nor correct.

Neither is mine.

Which of the water pump ports is the outlet, the front or rear?

That's what I was thinking. But some diagrams from earlier year Chargers showed the water coming out the back. I guess it's not the end of the world if they get hooked up backwards.

Auto Transport Service
Back