• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 charger shift linkage w/ center console

Randy73

Local time
6:02 PM
Reaction score
I put a 46rh behind my 340 and I finally got it back together, well almost. I was underneath making sure I had everything together when I noticed the shift linkage was not attached, well when I tried to connect it, the linkage bar was to short. After making sure the gear shift and tranny were in park, I noticed I was 2" short, so anybody know of a longer linkage bar?

Mine is 10 1/4" and I need around 12", funny thing is that every thread I read about this says it should work, sometimes I think Murphy follows me and no one else!!

A linkage bar is a pretty simple item to make. I would take yours to a metal shop and have them make you one that's the right length for your car. Probably save you a lot of time and money in looking for one.

take solid rod 3/8 size tap it and put heim joints on each end that is what is happening with mine . Anyone can pick up a phone and call the big suppliers BUT for what it is try to make it yourself you will feel so much better in the pocket book and looking at the shift mechanism is all built by you ...you can do it ........

Auto Transport Service
Back