• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 k frame repair help

Hemmit

Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
I’m repairing a 73 charger k frame. The mount towards the back is rotten. I’ve cut out and welded in new pieces I’ve made. My question is, can anybody tell me the measurements of where to cut the hole for the bushing. I want to make sure I get it in the right spot. Thanks in advance.

If you are talking about the mounting hole for the bolt to go into the frame rail, then I would put bolts in the rear frame rail spots and install the k member with the front bolts. I would put some marker pen on the rear bolts and push it up into place. This will "mark" the rear spots so you can drill new holes. If the are slightly off it's okay because you use washers anyway.
Good luck

I’m repairing a 73 charger k frame. The mount towards the back is rotten. I’ve cut out and welded in new pieces I’ve made. My question is, can anybody tell me the measurements of where to cut the hole for the bushing. I want to make sure I get it in the right spot. Thanks in advance.
I just stumbled on your post. I have the same issue on my 74 Satellite, which is the same as yours. I’ve been searching to no avail, these pieces.
Would you consider making another pair, if so what would be the price? I live in Woodstock GA. Fortunately I have a complete NOS set of bushings, sleeves, and bolts.Attachd a picture of what it looks like . The first two are the right side (looks good) last picture is the left (driver’s side)bad. Thanks
Charlie
CADA41BF-E4C0-4292-A871-CF0D0B74FB0F.jpeg
86F44ECA-E093-4342-836C-1410406FFD68.jpeg
CADA41BF-E4C0-4292-A871-CF0D0B74FB0F.jpeg
86F44ECA-E093-4342-836C-1410406FFD68.jpeg
0E630301-E725-4B80-A6C2-EBFDB13E3BAB.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back