• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 on Ebay

Lt Shaffer

Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
Found this on Ebay 281354240034. I was sent a walk around video, it might have a burnt valve. What do you think is a fair price?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 242
Found this on Ebay 281354240034. I was sent a walk around video, it might have a burnt valve. What do you think is a fair price?

Assuming no burnt valve, I think 7 to 8k would be fair for a relatively low mileage, 3 speed, 318 Road runner with no options other than a vinyl roof.

Lot of little minor things missing or not correct but all easy to do.

Good base for a build too.

The first question I would ask is how they know those are the miles on the car? The car has obviously been repainted, which most cars with just 50k miles don't need repaints. Second, there is wear on the steering wheel at the 11:00 position where someone would hold the wheel for a LOT of miles, and as you expect to see when there's wear at the 11:00 position, the silver trim on the top portion of the driver's door panel is worn, which is indicative of someone who liked to drive with their arm on the top of the panel and hand on the wheel at 11:00. Also the seats have been recovered, something else that's odd for a 50k mile car. I would suspect this car has a lot more than the mileage on the odometer, and should be listed as an Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) car.

I would also ask who did the repaint on the car. It looks nice, but all the Road Runner badging is out of place on it. so if they didn't take the effort to get that right it makes you wonder what warts are lurking under that paint.

I agree with 73runner that $7k would be a fair price, but without iron-clad documentation proving the mileage, which I would bet they don't have, I wouldn't pay any more than that. The car is a 318 green/green car, which is the red headed step child of the line. I see some idiots have bid it up to $16k already, which is foolish as I've seen better restored big block cars selling for less.

Thanks for the opinions and reality check. They are asking to much for a low optioned ugly car. It would be great for a solid build but I'm really looking for a 4-speed vinyl top grey 73 with a 340 to bring back my high school years! Thanks again guys.

I am not sure where you live but here is a Craigslist ad for a 73 with buckets console and non matching 440 for 10500. It's been on there for quite some time so you never know if they will negotiate. I am always on Craigslist looking to see what's out there. There is also a white and red 74 with matching numbers in Fort Worth tx that looks nice. I know its not exactly what ypur looking for but here is the link. My first car was 73 roadrunner 340. I'm building my brothers 72 which has always been considered by most to be a better looking car but my heart will always love the 73 and a part of me regrets not getting one.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/4523321783.html

Other than the style which I like.... why a 73? I had a friend with one year's ago and it was so poorly designed at almost every turn... you guys must have the patience of a stone... I would want to rip my hair out in chunks restoring one of those.

Auto Transport Service
Back