• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73 Petty blue 400 4speed road runner

hacksaw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:10 PM
Reaction score
ok .... my dad bought a 73 Petty blue 400 4 speed road runner new and drive the wheels off of it. the original 400 burnt up on a trip to Daytona. he gave it to me for my 30th birthday after sitting in the yard for many years in Great Cacapon WV. ... i drove it for a spell after getting it running. then in 1995 had to go back to montana for a family thing. .... pop didn't want it back in his yard so i had to sell it for money to get back. sold it to the hubby of the chick that ran the local VFW in Berkley springs WV. ... moving on to 2008 i get a call out of the blue from a cop in PA asking about the car. told him what i knew and that i still had the numbers matching rear and 4 speed for it. ( it was in pops shed all these years) and would he sell it back to me. no he said. ... so judging from the area code its last known place was in the 814 area code.... i would like to get her back or at least see her and see how she is going. .... she was Petty blue with the white reflective stripe and hood stickers. had blue guts and the grill was out of it. he hit a car that did one of them started to go and then stopped. so he welded a square pipe to it and hung the turn signals from that. .... if ya know where she is or have a lead drop me a line.... sorry no pics. i realy would like to get her back. dad passed and his girlfriend cut out his sons and did not do one thing he wanted for his sons. we all know people like that. .... thanks and heres hoping.

id advise you to also join the Mopar Swap Shop on fb,and place your missing ad there as well.
odds are good that the car stayed in either the pa or ny/ct/mass areas.
also,big block 4 speed petty blue runners i would guess?? would be a somewhat rare bird by that year,as most became emasculated 318 auto cars.
Good Luck to you !!

also,you said you had this car for a long time,
have you tried contacting your old insurance comapny,
or dig up an insurance paper/bill/receipt or old reggie for the VIN Number.
if you can find that,your chances will go up considerably....

id advise you to also join the Mopar Swap Shop on fb,and place your missing ad there as well.
also,big block 4 speed petty blue runners i would guess?? would be a somewhat rare bird by that year,as most became emasculated 318 auto cars.
Good Luck to you !!

I don't do facebook.... Only use messenger for parts and stuff

How about a roached petty blue sunroof car?
I took pic myself, but no guarantees he still has it.

808278-15be3f1337036d4167940cf7342a1f99.jpg

ok .... my dad bought a 73 Petty blue 400 4 speed road runner new and drive the wheels off of it. the original 400 burnt up on a trip to Daytona. he gave it to me for my 30th birthday after sitting in the yard for many years in Great Cacapon WV. ... i drove it for a spell after getting it running. then in 1995 had to go back to montana for a family thing. .... pop didn't want it back in his yard so i had to sell it for money to get back. sold it to the hubby of the chick that ran the local VFW in Berkley springs WV. ... moving on to 2008 i get a call out of the blue from a cop in PA asking about the car. told him what i knew and that i still had the numbers matching rear and 4 speed for it. ( it was in pops shed all these years) and would he sell it back to me. no he said. ... so judging from the area code its last known place was in the 814 area code.... i would like to get her back or at least see her and see how she is going. .... she was Petty blue with the white reflective stripe and hood stickers. had blue guts and the grill was out of it. he hit a car that did one of them started to go and then stopped. so he welded a square pipe to it and hung the turn signals from that. .... if ya know where she is or have a lead drop me a line.... sorry no pics. i realy would like to get her back. dad passed and his girlfriend cut out his sons and did not do one thing he wanted for his sons. we all know people like that. .... thanks and heres hoping.

Been looking for my Dad's '73 340/auto RR

Sold in '83 in Bethesda MD.

ru4hysmY6hr8nIze-2lnhwKk8xNQeBFfyf_IgKMnNJoGDiCXMiQTmaYQB1yFWgNnExIKosq=w1509-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

i seen one that color sitting in the weed in Nanjemoy MD when i lived in waldorf around 2008.

Another pic...

j5xDMqwSl0QD_JRuLV8w6yDA5Uyta7nLaex7E48HrPA6QEbDmyULkhSb43Gf0pXfFRJQewx=w1522-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

Remember if it had a tan interior? That'd be the car...

Funny enough the last time there was a "sighting" was in '08.

Closest lead yet would be this cut up drag car with a blown motor in Germantown. But I haven't been able to see the fender tag and see.

sPaCMX2X5Sk_fH1Ei34UAc97HkK7L477LI6jrcpraibbVtkOioywnVuzmZ3MvoqtHKtXxn4E=w712-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

i seen one that color sitting in the weed in Nanjemoy MD when i lived in waldorf around 2008.
If you have the time and remember would you be able to give me a general location (road? house?) in google maps? Mark

Another pic...

View attachment 1193272

Remember if it had a tan interior? That'd be the car...

Funny enough the last time there was a "sighting" was in '08.

Closest lead yet would be this cut up drag car with a blown motor in Germantown. But I haven't been able to see the fender tag and see.

View attachment 1193273
ya .. thats what made me look twice .... the hood was laying up agenst a tree. . il looking it on mapquest later today

If you have the time and remember would you be able to give me a general location (road? house?) in google maps? Mark
for some reson i can't do a pic of whats on the puter screen .... .... but take 301 south from like DC to La Plata MD .... take a right on rt 6 and keep going west.... it was on rt 6 or rt 224. .. i have to warn ya tho .. its like going back in time out there .... out on 224 is a swamp land. and don't take this wrong but its the truth.... thay don't like white folks out there. if ya are out there ya know someone or ya are lost. .. be carefull. there is a guy out there on 224 named frank. i worked with him with MDOT. he has a bunch of old cars on his land... won't sell anything... but if its out there he will be the guy that know where it is. ... good luck if ya do see feank it has been a few years since i have seen him big dude ... real big i bought a motor home engine from him.... feel free to use my name . weather he remembers my name or not is the question tho .... lol

for some reson i can't do a pic of whats on the puter screen .... .... but take 301 south from like DC to La Plata MD .... take a right on rt 6 and keep going west.... it was on rt 6 or rt 224. .. i have to warn ya tho .. its like going back in time out there .... out on 224 is a swamp land. and don't take this wrong but its the truth.... thay don't like white folks out there. if ya are out there ya know someone or ya are lost. .. be carefull. there is a guy out there on 224 named frank. i worked with him with MDOT. he has a bunch of old cars on his land... won't sell anything... but if its out there he will be the guy that know where it is. ... good luck if ya do see feank it has been a few years since i have seen him big dude ... real big i bought a motor home engine from him.... feel free to use my name . weather he remembers my name or not is the question tho .... lol

Might make the trip down there in late spring/early summer next year. Because I'm booked up with work.

It's about an hour and a half each way for me to get down there.

If you happen to remember anything else I should know then feel free to pm me.

Might make the trip down there in late spring/early summer next year. Because I'm booked up with work.

It's about an hour and a half each way for me to get down there.

If you happen to remember anything else I should know then feel free to pm me.
hay .. did ya find your dads car??? ... also bumping this up ... still looking for my dads ....

I am from Johnstown PA and I remember a petty blue white stripe 400 4spd car that was in the outskirts of town. I believe in the Vinco or Nantyglo area late 70's early 80's.
the gentleman had a brother with a red one with black stripes also. I had a silver frost one red stripes but a 318 auto...my first car and I loved that car. Thats what made me buy the red and white 74 I have now. I didn't know the guys name but remember that pair of brothers with 73 roadrunners. also I knew of another 73 petty blue and white stripe car but not sure if it was a 400 4spd car. The last time I saw it it was in a guys garage in South Fork Pa and I believe he got it down in the Bedford Pa area. hahahaha small world...hope you find it!!!
FYI...Pa used to have a form you could file for a fee and track the owner history. not sure if they still do. Good Luck!!!

hay .. did ya find your dads car??? ... also bumping this up ... still looking for my dads ....
bad news on the one in so MD ... it went to the crusher. had a freind that lives down that way see if he could find it. told me he seen a hood agenst a tree and stopped. was told it had returned back to the earth so bad he had it removed with like 10 other cars he had back in the woods. the hood and a bunch of other scrap he had im sure is gone by now as well ... sorry

Good Luck to you !!

i have tracked her to a PA state trooper... and im still working on that on the bedford CO PA zone.

This one is local to me, original paint 4 speed. I love it.
20210410_093955.jpg

Good luck with you hunt.

Auto Transport Service
Back